FedEx disqualified me as a driver and helper

bbsam

Staff member
How would you have handled this?
I would have sent the driver for a physical. It's simple really. In fact, I've run into it before. Take some stops off, send driver for physical and carry on. Take service failures if necessary. Again, compared to this situation, service failures aren't a big deal. I would be amazed if this contractor stays. He will probably be given 90 days to sell or have the contract terminated.

1fedexFAILURE

I bet I'm more independent than you are.
Did I say independent?.. No I said intelligent..point proven there on the intelligence level. If you had some intelligence you wouldn't be working 14 hour days for a 8 hour paycheck..But keep fooling yourself into thinking you have a great gig.. 60-70 hour work weeks for a 40 hour paycheck? Really?? I have talked to plenty of ground guys that are making peanuts and working their hind parts off for it.. Makes no sense. As said, ground is just basically a bunch of scabs.

STFXG

Did I say independent?.. No I said intelligent..point proven there on the intelligence level. If you had some intelligence you wouldn't be working 14 hour days for a 8 hour paycheck..But keep fooling yourself into thinking you have a great gig.. 60-70 hour work weeks for a 40 hour paycheck? Really?? I have talked to plenty of ground guys that are making peanuts and working their hind parts off for it.. Makes no sense. As said, ground is just basically a bunch of scabs.
Yawn.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
To the OP, how did u let this expire!?!

At my terminal the managers post up expiring DOT cards & DLs

I make extra copies of the DOT, one gets slapped on to a clipboard along with my FedEx "vendor" ID/ barcode, another gets laminated with the packaging tape roll & goes into the powerpad holster pocket because we're supposed to have it at all times.

The original stays at home in my files.

Are you perma-banned forever? Maybe work for another contractor if your DQ is only for a certain time.

Maybe time to move on & maybe try your hand at express?

Guessing you're HD as well...

bbsam

Staff member
I work 60 to 70 hours a week?! I won't insult your intelligence, but ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!?

bbsam

Staff member
I would have to agree with you Wally about the intelligence..but then again I would say most all contractors and drivers of ground I find to be lacking intelligence for standing to be taken advantage of the way they are.

you are not independent..if you were then there would not be lawsuits saying you are having to follow the "rules"!.. Face it, you are nothing more than scabs
And look right there. You telling me I am not independent right before I said I am more independent than you.

Maybe I should insult your intelligence.

It will be fine

The craziest part of the OPs situation is his contractor could have driven. If the driver could log in as the contractor, why didn't the contractor just drive? Would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

overflowed

The craziest part of the OPs situation is his contractor could have driven. If the driver could log in as the contractor, why didn't the contractor just drive? Would have saved everyone a lot of trouble.
Same reason Express managers don't go out, they get used to being lazy. Rather let a whole truck sit than go on road. You guys are basically Express managers that pay for your fuel, uniforms, but don't get benefits.

overflowed

WAD. The driver is under no obligation to follow FedEx rules. He only has to follow his employer's rules. We are independent, remember? ;)
I know your diccin around, but really you're correct. I'm genuinely curious how he can be let go for something his boss told him to do. Especially by fedex who isn't his actual employer.

bbsam

Staff member
I know your diccin around, but really you're correct. I'm genuinely curious how he can be let go for something his boss told him to do. Especially by fedex who isn't his actual employer.
If his boss told him to steal and he did would you still be perplexed? Both driver and contractor need to go.