Fedex DRing Dell's!

brownrodster

Rolled up to a resi yesturday and while in the truck I could see two Dell boxes on the porch of my stop. Get close and indeed Fedex DR'ed two Dell boxes on a porch not even attempting to hide them! you could see them from the street! keep it up - we'll get Dell back. However, I do like the extra space from not having a couple dell's per day on my truck!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I keep seeing news stories of Dell being in Walmarts. Maybe that's the future.....all Dells available in all Walmart stores. Then there would be no need for residential deliveries.

F

fdxisoverrated

This was mentioned previously in another post. Thanks for the NEW update.

sendagain

Maybe some people will wake up to the fact that not all of FedEx employees work smart. Of course, we have our own people who like to cut corners.

As far as going to Walmart, I've found that some of these big discounters have their own headaches. Sometimes when I am trying to get in and out of Costco, I wonder if it is really worth it to fight these stinking crowds.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't do Costco. I walked out of there too many times with 4 lb. bags of M&M's....which I don't need.

If I need any "party-sized" stuff, I just go to Smart'n'Final.....no joining required and they are never crowded.

upsgrunt

More, do you not have a Sam's Club out west? I've never heard of a Smart and Final and we do not have a Costco in the midwest.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We have one Sam's Club in Irvine (within 25 miles of us) and there are a dozen or so within 50 miles. Not worth the travel on the I-5, though.

We also don't seem to have the Super Walmarts. Some powers-that-be seem to always block them from coming to California. We have plenty of regular Walmarts.

I went to the Smart 'n' Final site and they are only in AZ. CA. ID. NV. OR. WA. & Mexico. Over 235 stores in those regions. They sell all the party-size stuff and the restaurant-type serving things. I got those big metal serving spoons like they have at buffets there.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
More, do you not have a Sam's Club out west? I've never heard of a Smart and Final and we do not have a Costco in the midwest.

Grunt, there are Costco's in the Midwest. GREAT prices!!!! AND a union workforce (in many areas). I lived in the Chicago suburbs and I know of at least one up there. Not knowing where you are, I can't help you with locations. -Rocky

In my small town we have a WalMart and a super WalMart just 4 miles apart. We also have a Costco. OH yea even a Starbucks, I guess this town is bigger than I thought. I miss my Tullys coffee.

wornoutupser

Rolled up to a resi yesturday and while in the truck I could see two Dell boxes on the porch of my stop. Get close and indeed Fedex DR'ed two Dell boxes on a porch not even attempting to hide them! you could see them from the street! keep it up - we'll get Dell back. However, I do like the extra space from not having a couple dell's per day on my truck!

I keep hearing that we lost Dell but I have had several in the last week again.

Another driver told me tonight that he had 2 laptops and 1 desktop system again today. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm......

maybrown

is not a woman

I had 1 Dell delivery this morning. I don't know Dell will be back or not.
Fed Ex drivers like to leave packages in buildings. They don't make 3 attempts like us.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
you guys and gals ever see wine boxes dr at door by fedex ground. :cursing::cursing:I dont know about these guys. Leaving their trucks running, pulling into a driveway nose first, dr dell and wine. We would notice this kind of stuff, and Im sure our customers do too. I know they are out there trying to feed their families and get the job done, I can respect them for that. Its just hard to figure out why both companies do the same thing but both our companies are SOOO DIFFERENT.

sendagain

I saw FedEx leave packages in hallways in commercial buildings when the customer had gone on vacation.

I also watched the USPS leave parcels down in the building lobby, which were then hand delivered by the complex security. I never pulled any crap like that, but Joe Public doesn't get much insight into these issues unless their package gets stolen.

mittam

We have a wine that comes in regular ground 03. It does not call for a 21 signature, I always get one though. I also had a customer tell me when I delivered her Dell that she had to pay $95.00 for the delivery but it would have been free from Fedex. She was afraid of having it just left on her doorstep. Dell told her no signature was required and they would leave it if she was not home. She said security wise this scared her that anyone could see it setting there.