Fedex Ground A.O. drug test

Oldfart

Swings also have to pass an FBI background check because they can transport placarded DG, therefore are placed in a smaller pool of candidates for "randoms", which means they get selected more often. One of my fellow swings told me he had been pick 3 times in one week before. Suspicious.
Not just swings but anyone with a CDL.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Hello,

I'm hoping to reach out to some experienced Fedex contractors for some help with a potential problem. I currently am an A.O./owner of a dozen Fedex routes and am a qualified driver. Recently on vacation (while out of the country) I smoked some marijuana with some friends which I haven't done for years. 6 weeks later at the terminal I was randomly drug tested since I'm on the list of random drug tests for DOT. I think the chance of me failing is low but thought I'd see what everyones thoughts were on what would happen if I failed the test.

I obviously passed the initial drug test to qualify and have never failed one previously. Another contractor who is a friend of mine said he thought the worst case scenario would be that they make me inactive to drive (which I would expect at a minimum) but hopefully not disqualify me. He said they cannot take your routes from you which I hope is true. I'm on good standings with the terminal manager and all management and our company has a great reputation for outstanding service. I also know Fedex is capable of doing drastic things but thought it might help my situation.

So here are my questions:

1. Can they take routes away from an existing A.O. for failing a drug test?
2. Would they potentially ban me from the terminal? (I've heard of other A.O.'s getting in trouble for breaking other types of rules and they had to run their business from outside)
3. Do you think they will disqualify me? If so, for how long?
4. Do you think they would make me an inactive driver?
5. What do you think they would do?
6. Since I live in a state that marijuana is legal in would they treat this similar to a DUI?
7. What would happen if an A.O. got a DUI? Just curious...

I have already learned my lesson from this experience and would appreciate if anyone is tempted to make any comments about my stupidity or lack of responsiblilty to please keep them to yourself.

Thank you in advance for your opinion!

Six weeks, you got nothing to worry about. It's pretty much completely out of your system within a month. Now if they do a hair sample, like Schneider, that will show anything you've done for the past 6 months. Anyway, don't sweat it, but don't do it again as long as you're working for FedEx.

Thank you to everyone for your opinions and for the info. I passed as most of you suspected I would. However, I learned a valuable lesson. I found out that if an A.O.(that is qualified as a driver) fails they would be banned for a minimum of 3 years from the terminal. They would be forced to hire an A.O. to run their business for them.