FedEx Ground driver arrested for DUI

Mr Shifter

FedEx released the following statement Wednesday evening regarding the arrest:

"The behaviors of the driver involved in today’s accident in Milton are not consistent with FedEx Ground’s high standards and he is no longer providing service for the company pending completion of this investigation. We are cooperating fully with the authorities."

Shouldn't they be interviewing the contractor? I thought those guys don't work for FedEx.

bbsam

Staff member

"The behaviors of the driver involved in today’s accident in Milton are not consistent with FedEx Ground’s high standards and he is no longer providing service for the company pending completion of this investigation. We are cooperating fully with the authorities."

Shouldn't they be interviewing the contractor? I thought those guys don't work for FedEx.
Who's DOT number is on the vehicle?

It will be fine

That quote sure does sound like they are talking about an employee. ;)
Looks like FedEx chose their words carefully. "No longer providing service for the company" not "no longer working for." There is a distinction.
But really, try to find a story about a sober driver in West Virginia. All I hear is dueling banjos.

DontThrowPackages

Bottle found inside the van means he was drinking while providing service. Didn't think a driver would ever take a shot between POD's. Where is this drivers brain?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Exactly what I was thinking. Where is the contractor? You know, the independent businessperson who runs his own FedEx business? Perhaps he/she should be commenting to the media about their employee. It certainly appears that the DUI driver belongs to Fred S.