FedEx Ground! How They Treat Drivers?

N

New Englander

Guys.....look at it from the other side.

She is not an "employee" of Fedex as it currently stands.

The cover drivers of her center told her how much they wanted to essentially take her route over during recovery.

She thought it was unreasonable. Though figures were never discussed in the article, so who knows.

I do know that at the very least the cover drivers did not care enough about her to "help" her, a fellow worker. Either because of management or because of her.

FedEx as it currently stands can not hire someone to directly cover her route as that would make them an employee. So they are left with terminating her contract to deliver their services so they can get the contract offered to someone else.

Right or wrong, that is how they are currently set up. While I feel for her, personally that is the job she chose to follow. Good times and bad.

Channahon

Amen.

For all its faults, UPS as a company could be a lot worse.

And in many cases, the UPS that most of us have seen are just a series of UPS managers, many of whom are not really good people in the first place. And what be blame on UPS is really their personal problems being thrust on the workforce.

d

???????????? And your comments are based on what?

I have worked with hundreds of UPS management over my career, in a few parts of the country and in various departments, and just don't uderstand how you can make such a broad statement of UPS management.

But then again, I guess your statement is based on your personal opinion of your career at UPS.

Gimme a break, what started out to be a positive post regarding being employed at UPS as compared to FED EX Ground, somehow has to be turned into a management bashing post again.

JMO:dissapointed:

feeder53

ADKtrails
I agree with upstate, UPS is as good as any out their, I have and still do work at other places and it is the same issues, different faces and payscales. There are always the workplace bullies, know-it-alls etc. You are only responsible for you and your work.....one can`t change someone elses ideas.

Treegrower

???????????? And your comments are based on what?

I have worked with hundreds of UPS management over my career, in a few parts of the country and in various departments, and just don't uderstand how you can make such a broad statement of UPS management.

But then again, I guess your statement is based on your personal opinion of your career at UPS.

Gimme a break, what started out to be a positive post regarding being employed at UPS as compared to FED EX Ground, somehow has to be turned into a management bashing post again.

And in all that time you have never had to fire, demote or deny entry into the mangement ranks anyone???
To be fair over 25 years or more I have worked for some really decent people. But the last 10 years or so have been a completely different story. To liken it to the movie "The Green Mile" I have worked for many like the Tom Hanks and crew, but the last ten years or so I have worked for the character of "Percy" the spoiled,mean, vindictive,petty and small minded guard. Sorry Channon, but times have changed and since you left, they keep getting. Right now I have a center manager that I swear, I don't know how he sleeps at night.
JMO:dissapointed: