Fedex home driver advice needed.........

SmithBarney

Thats funny. At Express all our employees get benefits after 3 months for both themselves and their family.

no at Express we "PAY" for our benefits 30-40 a week for the cheap stuff(for employee and spouse) for the "cheap" plan.

We don't "GET" anything we don't pay for.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
So good luck and remember at UPS even our 10 dollar an hour part-timer gets benefits for them (after 12 months of employment) and thier family (after 18 months of employment).

I have come to learn (thank you Jimstud) that the 12/18 thing is only true of regions that are under the UPS benefits plan. The regions under existing Teamster plans are still 250 or so hours to health/welfare benes. It is definitly misleading to say that ALL UPS new -hires do not get their h/w benefits right away. Many regions (except CS for ex) are Teamster sponsored, not UPS.

ex fed exer

don't get stuck buying a truck/ buying a route. there are no benefits at fed ex ground, you are an independent contractor. you sluppy your own insurence, your own benefits. you get paid per package, there is no overtime.

this a a good deal for smith and fed ex, not for the worker.

all this mess in america is a result of the working people voteing republican.

bbsam

Staff member
don't get stuck buying a truck/ buying a route. there are no benefits at fed ex ground, you are an independent contractor. you sluppy your own insurence, your own benefits. you get paid per package, there is no overtime.

this a a good deal for smith and fed ex, not for the worker.

all this mess in america is a result of the working people voteing republican.
You speak like someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Your opinion is based on 15 year old fact. Truth is an independent contractor can do quite well after expenses. Maybe a benefit is having a job. I bet being a contractor pays better than most jobs out there these days with little to no chance of being laid off. How do I know this? 15 yrs experience.

IRACEMYCOPCAR

OK well thanks for the input guys but ive been working for about 2 weeks now and so far im actually liking it, Ive been employed by a contractor already, its pretty laid back and i can roll into work around 7 am and its not a big deal if im 10min early or 10min late cause i dont have to clock in or anything, i drive for a cool contractor and he has me driving a nice econoline van right now that has cold A/C and a nice CD player. I like that i dont have some jerkoff boss breathing down my neck all day and i can set my own pace depending on how i feel that day. I can talk on my phone if i want to and stop to eat when/where i want (as long as i dont miss an apt. delivery) and the uniform is a lot nicer than the brown ones LOL.

So all in all im pretty happy for now, it may not pay AS well and UPS but the pay is decent and the freedom i have and laidback atmosphere/boss more than make up for it. I will keep you guys posted

I see a lot of people on here complaining about little crap that makes me laugh like a little rust on the truck or some peeling decals, if thats the worst you have to put up with you have NOTHING to complain about, go drive an 18 wheeler and work 14-20hrs+ a day for 3-4weeks straight without a day off like i used to and get back to me about your "problems"

UnconTROLLed

perfection
OK well thanks for the input guys but ive been working for about 2 weeks now and so far im actually liking it, Ive been employed by a contractor already, its pretty laid back and i can roll into work around 7 am and its not a big deal if im 10min early or 10min late cause i dont have to clock in or anything, i drive for a cool contractor and he has me driving a nice econoline van right now that has cold A/C and a nice CD player. I like that i dont have some jerkoff boss breathing down my neck all day and i can set my own pace depending on how i feel that day. I can talk on my phone if i want to and stop to eat when/where i want (as long as i dont miss an apt. delivery) and the uniform is a lot nicer than the brown ones LOL.

So all in all im pretty happy for now, it may not pay AS well and UPS but the pay is decent and the freedom i have and laidback atmosphere/boss more than make up for it. I will keep you guys posted

I see a lot of people on here complaining about little crap that makes me laugh like a little rust on the truck or some peeling decals, if thats the worst you have to put up with you have NOTHING to complain about, go drive an 18 wheeler and work 14-20hrs+ a day for 3-4weeks straight without a day off like i used to and get back to me about your "problems"

Congrats

LOL @ the "might not pay as well" ....

ex fed exer

You speak like someone who has no idea what they are talking about. Your opinion is based on 15 year old fact. Truth is an independent contractor can do quite well after expenses. Maybe a benefit is having a job. I bet being a contractor pays better than most jobs out there these days with little to no chance of being laid off. How do I know this? 15 yrs experience.

the information i give you comes from fed ex ground drivers. you are the one who speaks like he has no idea what they are talking about.

fed ex is a good deal for me.