Fedex.. In process of being hired.. Question?

bacha29

It's driving me mad... It's been a total of 4 weeks constantly left waiting for the next dept to contact me...

I just called... No answer...
Time to forget about it and move on. Perhaps the fact that the incident occurred while you were in your thirties and therefore you can't use the 'stupid kid" excuse in order to get them overlook the matter.

bacha29

No felons at Ground yet we are portrayed as the dirtbags. That's funny.
Those egomaniacs with their completely undeserved sense of self importance who public proclaim their contempt for ground are simply masking their fear of ground's superior returns and growing power and influence within the corporate structure. They're not fooling anybody. Again all they have to do is to follow the money and they will quickly see the direction X is headed.

STFXG

So let's hear what you did. You admitted guilt by accepting the plea deal. Sounds like breaking and entering and they dropped the charges to theft and property damage? Fill us in.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So let's hear what you did. You admitted guilt by accepting the plea deal. Sounds like breaking and entering and they dropped the charges to theft and property damage? Fill us in.

I smoked pot a few times while in college and lied about it on my application.

Feel better now?

fedex_rtd

I doubt that they are going to callback. You should move on, and here is why.

As a swing driver odds are that you will need a haz endorsement on your license. You will have to have a TSA background check done on you, and any arrest and conviction will normally disqualify you. Sorry but life is not fair. Maybe Gound will take you.

bacha29

I doubt that they are going to callback. You should move on, and here is why.

As a swing driver odds are that you will need a haz endorsement on your license. You will have to have a TSA background check done on you, and any arrest and conviction will normally disqualify you. Sorry but life is not fair. Maybe Gound will take you.
With the temps being phased out contractors have to find their own manpower Perhaps somebody might need you for the holiday peak season but that will end at the end of the year at the latest.

STFXG

With the temps being phased out contractors have to find their own manpower Perhaps somebody might need you for the holiday peak season but that will end at the end of the year at the latest.
Haven't seen a temp in 10 years. Never been a problem.

bacha29

The practice has been slowly phased out and has now reached the smaller barns. This peak season will be the first at the small barn I operated out of. God help those contractors who remain this peak season if they are not prepared with a battalion size group of reserve manpower and a lot full of spare trucks. In a small community with an aged population rounding up enough of the kind of manpower you can call out on a whim is very hard to begin with let alone find enough people who can pass a drug test.

Rain1dog

I just got the report back.... And guess what the charge is actually a misdomeaner...

I called the company and they double checked and said yep... All you have is a misdomeaner from 7 years ago.

So I contacted HR and now I'm in the process of putting together a formal letter, with professional references from my last two jobs stating my ethics and character.

Family is in local law enforcement and I have the process of getting that misdomeaner exsponged due to first offense.

I'm shocked I got turned down for a misdomeaner from 7 years ago.

Rain1dog

So a friend of mine can have a possession charge of a schedule 2 controlled substance, possession of stolen property, criminal damage to property.... Felon... Gets job with FedEx...

I have a misdomeaner for possession of stolen property under 500, and criminal trespassing both misdomeaner's from 7 years ago and I'm denied....

Makes no sense...

It will be fine

So a friend of mine can have a possession charge of a schedule 2 controlled substance, possession of stolen property, criminal damage to property.... Felon... Gets job with FedEx...

I have a misdomeaner for possession of stolen property under 500, and criminal trespassing both misdomeaner's from 7 years ago and I'm denied....

Makes no sense...
You'll have that reaction a lot at fedex.

Rain1dog

Talked to HR have 7 days from today to dispute in letter form, but stated since holiday going to take longer to get erased off my record...

They said... Better luck next time... Apply to a different job once erased.

Burns me up... When they are the ones who can put food on the table and support their wife/husband... It's like no big deal. This is a huge deal for me!!! A great company, a company you'd be proud to say you work for, odds of them going out of business slim to none, good pay, ben's, vacation time.... My wife and I could had be over 110k a year with no kids, low bills... Life could had been fantastic.

New Orleans is such a :censored2:hole if your looking for work... Without a degree being a doctor, law... Or work for Power company(which I did for 12 years a lineman-left because I was constantly out of town and I watched 3 people die horrific painful deaths), cable company, or Fedex/UPS...

Other than that it's bar tending or waiting tables... Nothing wrong with those jobs but it's just not me.

Blows me away that with all my XP as manager, heavy construction, associates in computer networking, CDL CLASS A WITH endorsements, perfect driving record, never been fired from a job.... That a bull:censored2: misdomeaner charge from 7 years ago rejected me.

But known felons are working for them, but I can't..... I'm so pissed off right now. I'm so tired of spending 1-2 hours filling out job apps online to barely hear back from anyone, then the ones you do it's a month long process to get to the background check... For the entire month your on pins and needles stressing over will you get the job... It really takes the fight out of you after awhile. I have 5 different professionally done resumes all worded differently depending on job applying for, cover letters, references.....I'm cringing thinking about sorting through craigslist, indeed, monster, linkin... And filling out another :censored2: ton of apps... Fill out 30 to hear back from 1 to 3....

So ducking ready for this to be over... So ready.

Rain1dog

Thanks everyone for all their help, reply's, and time in answering my questions.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend... Stay safe.

MAKAVELI

Talked to HR have 7 days from today to dispute in letter form, but stated since holiday going to take longer to get erased off my record...

They said... Better luck next time... Apply to a different job once erased.

Burns me up... When they are the ones who can put food on the table and support their wife/husband... It's like no big deal. This is a huge deal for me!!! A great company, a company you'd be proud to say you work for, odds of them going out of business slim to none, good pay, ben's, vacation time.... My wife and I could had be over 110k a year with no kids, low bills... Life could had been fantastic.

New Orleans is such a :censored2:hole if your looking for work... Without a degree being a doctor, law... Or work for Power company(which I did for 12 years a lineman-left because I was constantly out of town and I watched 3 people die horrific painful deaths), cable company, or Fedex/UPS...

Other than that it's bar tending or waiting tables... Nothing wrong with those jobs but it's just not me.

Blows me away that with all my XP as manager, heavy construction, associates in computer networking, CDL CLASS A WITH endorsements, perfect driving record, never been fired from a job.... That a bull:censored2: misdomeaner charge from 7 years ago rejected me.

But known felons are working for them, but I can't..... I'm so :censored2: off right now. I'm so tired of spending 1-2 hours filling out job apps online to barely hear back from anyone, then the ones you do it's a month long process to get to the background check... For the entire month your on pins and needles stressing over will you get the job... It really takes the fight out of you after awhile. I have 5 different professionally done resumes all worded differently depending on job applying for, cover letters, references.....I'm cringing thinking about sorting through craigslist, indeed, monster, linkin... And filling out another :censored2: ton of apps... Fill out 30 to hear back from 1 to 3....

So ducking ready for this to be over... So ready.
Get the hell out of New Orleans! With your experience you could be making 100k+ in CA!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Good luck, Rain. You sound like a decent sort. Something good will come your way. Believe me when I tell you, you didn't lose any dream job by not getting hired at X. Twenty/twenty-five years ago I may have told you different - but today, it just may be the best thing that never happened to you.