Fedex Medical Benefits

I have an interview this upcoming week for a courier position at fedex express. What is the weekly or monthly cost for the benefits and when is a ft employee eligible?

Yozh69

I have an interview this upcoming week for a courier position at fedex express. What is the weekly or monthly cost for the benefits and when is a ft employee eligible?

It varies. I paid $5 a week for coverage just for me, but had a $2000 deductible and had to pay 30% of the cost of any procedure. Some procedures are covered at 100%. Benefits kicked in after 90 days.

I was PT though. Not sure if it's different fir FT

SmithBarney

$400+ a month for a family on the top plan a little less on the bottom plan.
My benefits started right away, since you pay for them.

MassWineGuy

First, your user name is incredibly offensive. UPS is a good company, even though it wasn't the right fit for me. The drivers are really nice people (mostly), and are pushed to work much harder than FedEx drivers.

To your question: I'm a pt courier and kept the Blue Cross plan my wife has because it was marginally better. If you've got no coverage, paying for the FedEx plan is far cheaper than not being insured.

But I do have the dental plan. Well worth it. Also vision, which I'll be dropping.

MassWineGuy

Oh my, be still my beating heart! I guess I could have been clearer. Stupid, offensive screen name that continues the viewpoint of the many 18 month old infantile folks here who express hate and insults about UPS only because they compete with us.

Now, back to reading American Prospect and The Daily Worker.

TUT

For once, I agree with you. Sorry, Miss Manners, but some of the usernames are just plain funny. Sorry you're such a frigid prude.

We agree there should be more unions. I'm for your fight in general, but at the same time we all have to look out for #1 and it isn't too late for you. You could still live for decades.

Oh we also agree on the medical beni's being cut is a hoax, industry wide corps are cutting beni's and blaming a Luxury Tax that A. Hasn't happened yet. B. These cuts are to plans that aren't even close to qualifying for the tax, but we are being told they are.

Last edited:

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
....the viewpoint of the many 18 month old infantile folks here who express hate and insults about UPS only because they compete with us.
I'm afraid I'm just not seeing what you're talking about here. True enough there are plenty of jabs exchanged between Express and Ground - but the "hate and insults about UPS"???....Where is all that?

DontThrowPackages

I'm afraid I'm just not seeing what you're talking about here. True enough there are plenty of jabs exchanged between Express and Ground - but the "hate and insults about UPS"???....Where is all that?
Agree. Most here actual see UPs and see a company that knows how to make it work. High stock prices, high wages, great medical and pension for its frontline employees. It's envy if anything.