Fedex,Not the same reliable company

thedownhillEXPRESS

Sorry you didn't get your :
Medication/live seafood/diabetes shots/blood transfusions/Christmas gifts , etc ....,but Fedex sold its employees out to the devil in the name of more money for the greedy bastards.Now no one gives a sheet about anything anymore and that's why all your packages are sitting either in hubs across the country, or like my station sitting on the floor in dirt and puddles of water!
Merry Christmas and maybe we'll give a damn and get you the nitro pills Thursday!!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Merry Christmas to all customers who received their Moday First Overtnight packages by 4:30 this afternoon. Love, Fred S (who only loves your money and cares about you as much as a festering bowl of dog snot.)

P.S. No refunds!

dezguy

Why are you sorry? Do I feel bad for customers that didn't get packages they were expecting? Sure but we did nothing wrong. If you guys are like any of the people I work with, you did your job the way it was explained to you when you were hired.

Saying sorry implies that we were the one who caused all these packages to go undelivered when in reality it was greed that caused it. I refuse to apologize for something I have no control over.

cino321

Too much work for everyone to handle guys, it is what it is. UPS is the only company so far that is publicly acknowledging the fact they weren't expecting it this year.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Medication/live seafood/diabetes shots/blood transfusions/Christmas gifts , etc ....,but Fedex sold its employees out to the devil in the name of more money for the greedy bastards.Now no one gives a sheet about anything anymore and that's why all your packages are sitting either in hubs across the country, or like my station sitting on the floor in dirt and puddles of water!
Merry Christmas and maybe we'll give a damn and get you the nitro pills Thursday!!

Amen, brother!! Preach it!!

whenIgetthere

I was talking to an op's manager (not my manager) when I got in at 2045 tonight. I brought back 20 DEX01's, others in my loop were still out when I got back because I brought all the outbound in. This manager had the exact same thing to say as we all do, saying you can only put so much on a plane, can or truck before you need another plane, can or truck, and that upper management owns this. Now, and this is the part that amazed me, he said you can only put so much work on a truck for one person to do. First time I've actually heard a manager say this to my face.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I was talking to an op's manager (not my manager) when I got in at 2045 tonight. I brought back 20 DEX01's, others in my loop were still out when I got back because I brought all the outbound in. This manager had the exact same thing to say as we all do, saying you can only put so much on a plane, can or truck before you need another plane, can or truck, and that upper management owns this. Now, and this is the part that amazed me, he said you can only put so much work on a truck for one person to do. First time I've actually heard a manager say this to my face.

Even the managers are acknowledging the colossal eff-up this year. It all belongs to Memphis, who decided months ago that we don't work hard enough and that we could simply "work harder" and make it happen. Guess what? It didn't work. I'm wondering how long it will take before the media starts discovering just how badly FedEx bungled Peak. My guess is that there are going to be a bunch of very disappointed customers (both large and small), who would like to have a word with Fred.

hypo hanna

Too much work for everyone to handle guys, it is what it is. UPS is the only company so far that is publicly acknowledging the fact they weren't expecting it this year.
And they actually made some effort at fixing the problems. Sending 300 employees to the Dallas market to dig out of the ice storm must have cost way more then they made on the freight.
I called my dispatcher buddy tonight. He says there are thousands of undelivered packages at every station in the district. (One of the largest in the system). Lots of perishables and resi Christmas gifts.

HuckToohey

You are entering a world of pain.
This was/is the most embarrassing and frustrating PEAK Season ever. FedEx as a corporation and Fred S in particular should hang his head in shame. The policies and procedures which resulted in this Christmas fiasco, perpetrated by the upper management at FedEx Corp., borders on criminal and outright fraudulent practices towards the consumer. I have never observed such blatant disregard for our customers. Absolutely no regard, no effort, no outside-the-box thinking or planning was ever submitted or even discussed by our senior manager. It's as if FedEx Corp. as a whole has completely washed its hands of, and makes no bones about, doing what is best for "the bottom line." I have corresponded with co-workers in several different stations/states this Christmas Eve day, and the story is the same: An overwhelmed system that is mismanaged and was never designed nor is modified to meet the 21st century consumer's expectations or needs. Shameful. Just shameful.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This was/is the most embarrassing and frustrating PEAK Season ever. FedEx as a corporation and Fred S in particular should hang his head in shame. The policies and procedures which resulted in this Christmas fiasco, perpetrated by the upper management at FedEx Corp., borders on criminal and outright fraudulent practices towards the consumer. I have never observed such blatant disregard for our customers. Absolutely no regard, no effort, no outside-the-box thinking or planning was ever submitted or even discussed by our senior manager. It's as if FedEx Corp. as a whole has completely washed its hands of, and makes no bones about, doing what is best for "the bottom line." I have corresponded with co-workers in several different stations/states this Christmas Eve day, and the story is the same: An overwhelmed system that is mismanaged and was never designed nor is modified to meet the 21st century consumer's expectations or needs. Shameful. Just shameful.

Wonderfully written, and the absolute truth.

overflowed

Our stalls look like this, just imagine half of that pile is what more than half the stalls are looking like. I feel bad. I know I shouldn't but I do.
postal-2.jpg

FUFred

Our stalls look like this, just imagine half of that pile is what more than half the stalls are looking like. I feel bad. I know I shouldn't but I do.
postal-2.jpg
I was just talking to a courier I used to work with. He said the garbage cans in the station are filled with rotting fruit baskets, dead flowers, spoiled perishable items that have been tossed. Chalk up a BZ for the MGT Teams. He said if you took a 100 pallets of fright and knocked them over, that's what the station looks like. Funny how this picture was posted.

DontThrowPackages

Even the managers are acknowledging the colossal eff-up this year. It all belongs to Memphis, who decided months ago that we don't work hard enough and that we could simply "work harder" and make it happen. Guess what? It didn't work. I'm wondering how long it will take before the media starts discovering just how badly FedEx bungled Peak. My guess is that there are going to be a bunch of very disappointed customers (both large and small), who would like to have a word with Fred.
The heads thought by cutting staff and giving a driver more to do would work just because? They've always had the belief that whatever a driver's stop per hour is, he can always do more. Well, this year, drivers took a look at all the PTers and all the rtes that were deleted and said no way. Take what the V41 says and that's it. And dex1 what they force on you.
If you beat a dog long enough, he stops doing tricks for you.

!Retired!

After reading the posts above, I have 1 question.....

How is this year any different than past years? Every Christmas is the same story, more freight than the geniuses in Memphis thought and not enough people to deliver it.

CJinx

I think my station could have done a better job, but we managed to get through it. I haven't seen what got brought back on Christmas Eve yet but it shouldn't be too bad as we weren't all that heavy. Everything that could be on the road was on the road for us by 12/24.

We could have used some additional seasonal drivers and the training they received could have been more than the bare minimum, but alas; they did alright all things considered and some of them might end up getting hired by the ISPs.
I also wish that certain high volume shippers had their customer service lines open and working on 12/24 as some packages did end up sitting because they were not deliverable as addressed.

fedupforsure

this is the first year that I can ever remember having 50 pallets of undelivered frt sitting in our warehouse. we have always gotten it(98%) off by Christmas eve. What really chaps me is not getting the word out to the public that the station will be manned by voluntereers on Christmas day and you can come get your package if it is there