Fedex,Not the same reliable company

DontThrowPackages

After reading the posts above, I have 1 question.....

How is this year any different than past years? Every Christmas is the same story, more freight than the geniuses in Memphis thought and not enough people to deliver it.
For one, never in my time here have they ever contemplated bring so many people to work Christmas day. Heck, I got a call this morning from my manager( let it go to voice). If it was to wish me a Merry Christmas he/she could have done it in a text. Maybe the people who were drafted for today flaked or refused. Either way, Im not coming in. Can't what to hear about it tomorrow though.

revolt

They went from looking for volunteers to drafting voluntolds.
I thought I couldn't respect FedEx any less than my current 100% don't give a sh#t attitude allowed. If locations are drafting couriers to work on Christmas every manager from the Sr down and every manager in training wannabe should be out in a truck slinging boxes with the drafted.

bbsam

Staff member
Our Christmas Eve was ridiculous. 9 drivers and a total of 218 stops done with everyone done by 2. Everything caught up.

hypo hanna

I thought I couldn't respect FedEx any less than my current 100% don't give a sh#t attitude allowed. If locations are drafting couriers to work on Christmas every manager from the Sr on up to and including Frederick W Smith and every manager in training wannabe should be out in a truck slinging boxes with the drafted.
Fixed that for you.

Of course this will never happen as these people truly believe their families holiday is more important then yours.

bbsam

Staff member
Are you seriously telling us that the lowly Ground opco actually had their :censored2: together?
Yeah, we really did. I'm not sure why but this peak didn't seem quite as crazy as some of the past. I'm not a fan of how they crammed freight through over the weekends. It was fine for HD, but really put Ground routes in a bind. It was an ugly choice every Saturday: either send them all out and take a loss, or don't send them out and be overwhelmed on Monday. I had my guys go out and by Tuesday everything was caught up to the point of having trucks go out at 5/8 capacity. But my drivers like the easy Saturday money, so....

MAKAVELI

I thought I couldn't respect FedEx any less than my current 100% don't give a sh#t attitude allowed. If locations are drafting couriers to work on Christmas every manager from the Sr down and every manager in training wannabe should be out in a truck slinging boxes with the drafted.

This is what pissed me off. While every driver was out late del last night, probably bringing back pkgs, and freight sitting in the station, rentals sitting in the parking lot, the managers didn't even think of going on road. Not even to del perishables and meds. Yea they really care about the customer.

bbsam

Staff member
This is what pissed me off. While every driver was out late del last night, probably bringing back pkgs, and freight sitting in the station, rentals sitting in the parking lot, the managers didn't even think of going on road. Not even to del perishables and meds. Yea they really care about the customer.
Our management did that in years past. I'm not sure they can anymore for liability concerns.

thedownhillEXPRESS

After reading the posts above, I have 1 question.....

How is this year any different than past years? Every Christmas is the same story, more freight than the geniuses in Memphis thought and not enough people to deliver it.
Dear driver,

Thanks for the hard work.We made outrageous amounts of profit this year by fleecing customers and cutting your hours.To reward you we are slashing healthcare and a dynamic 0.002431% raise will go out to all front of the customer facing staff, if you only face their butts your raise is deferred until December 29th 2017.

Happy Holidays,
FedEx employee relations(formerly of McDonald's corp employees website)

!Retired!

All 3 managers went out for deliveries and I saw my SM unloading freight out of his personal truck at 7:00 on Monday night.

El Morado Diablo

It's been YEARS since the last time I saw a manager go on road in my station.