Fedex,Not the same reliable company

Black Promise

This is my 7th peak. 2 as a package handler, 1 as a hub outbound service manager (ops manager what they call it now) and 4th as a QA clerk. This has been the worst peak that I've been through. The planning and forecasting in this corporation is horrible. On the hub side they try to shove 2 or even 3 times as much volume into the same sort times. People both hub and local working all kinds of ridiculous hours. Tell us we are working Sunday sorts at the last minute, then on the friday before the sunday sort when everyone has planned on working that morning they change the sunday sort to the afternoon and wonder why people show up late and can't find babysitters. Also, it would be nice if my Hub's Senior manager actually showed up to work during peak while we have to be there. It's peak for you too, sir. I know most of you guys are drivers/couriers but from the hub side it was a colossal :censored2: up this year. But hey they gave us free skull caps, to that clearly makes up for all the headaches.

HomeDelivery

Our Christmas Eve was ridiculous. 9 drivers and a total of 218 stops done with everyone done by 2. Everything caught up.

we were caught up by Xmas eve as well... i clocked out earlier than i thought at 1715

today was back to normal (under my 120 stop limits & ~130 miles traveled) clocked out by 1700 as well, eventhough there was after-holiday-shopping traffic

when i saw the news about FedEx / UPS being behind on Xmas day, i thought we were going to be slammed... it was mainly a regional problem, not a national one (unless it was Express)

This was/is the most embarrassing and frustrating PEAK Season ever. FedEx as a corporation and Fred S in particular should hang his head in shame. The policies and procedures which resulted in this Christmas fiasco, perpetrated by the upper management at FedEx Corp., borders on criminal and outright fraudulent practices towards the consumer. I have never observed such blatant disregard for our customers. Absolutely no regard, no effort, no outside-the-box thinking or planning was ever submitted or even discussed by our senior manager. It's as if FedEx Corp. as a whole has completely washed its hands of, and makes no bones about, doing what is best for "the bottom line." I have corresponded with co-workers in several different stations/states this Christmas Eve day, and the story is the same: An overwhelmed system that is mismanaged and was never designed nor is modified to meet the 21st century consumer's expectations or needs. Shameful. Just shameful.
Amen Brother!!
couldn't Have said it better!!