Fedex outlook

NC man

Earnings vs Savings Rate: FDX's forecast earnings growth (9.5% per year) is above the savings rate (2%).

Earnings vs Market: FDX's earnings (9.5% per year) are forecast to grow slower than the US market (12.8% per year).

High Growth Earnings: FDX's earnings are forecast to grow, but not significantly.

Revenue vs Market: FDX's revenue (4.4% per year) is forecast to grow slower than the US market (9% per year).

High Growth Revenue: FDX's revenue (4.4% per year) is forecast to grow slower than 20% per year.

From simply Wall Street

MAKAVELI

Earnings vs Savings Rate: FDX's forecast earnings growth (9.5% per year) is above the savings rate (2%).

Earnings vs Market: FDX's earnings (9.5% per year) are forecast to grow slower than the US market (12.8% per year).

High Growth Earnings: FDX's earnings are forecast to grow, but not significantly.

Revenue vs Market: FDX's revenue (4.4% per year) is forecast to grow slower than the US market (9% per year).

High Growth Revenue: FDX's revenue (4.4% per year) is forecast to grow slower than 20% per year.

From simply Wall Street
Nothing to worry about. Raj and little Dickey got this.🙃

bacha29

It’s coming! They hv to do something to get grounds single digit earnings back up
For quite a number of years Ground's net operating margins where well industry average and the highest of all operating units. A lot of money was then invested in Ground's explosive growth and now that investment has to be expensed back out.

throwaway10

How long do I have to wait until Ground can absorb everything that’s not a P1?
Overnight if they want.

I know a certain station that was recently closed(for3-4days) due to a facility emergency, FDX was able to immediately divert incoming packages to the local ground facility for delivery. Now whether Ground was able to handle it smoothly who knows, but the customers had very little disruption.

MAKAVELI

Overnight if they want.

I know a certain station that was recently closed(for3-4days) due to a facility emergency, FDX was able to immediately divert incoming packages to the local ground facility for delivery. Now whether Ground was able to handle it smoothly who knows, but the customers had very little disruption.
A small rural station, maybe. But I can guarantee you service was not made and likely a day or more late for that Express freight. Now a large metro station, no way in hell.

throwaway10

A small rural station, maybe. But I can guarantee you service was not made and likely a day or more late for that Express freight. Now a large metro station, no way in hell.
110 daily routes, not all freight was diverted, some was handled at the ramp. Point is, it can be done, and it's slowly being done, as ground builds out/up resources it'll be able to handle it smoothly.

MAKAVELI

110 daily routes, not all freight was diverted, some was handled at the ramp. Point is, it can be done, and it's slowly being done, as ground builds out/up resources it'll be able to handle it smoothly.
Ground hasn't handled anything smoothly. It's showing in the quarterly results. Ground has essentially reached it's peak and is on the downside now.

bacha29

Ground hasn't handled anything smoothly. It's showing in the quarterly results. Ground has essentially reached it's peak and is on the downside now.
I said that they were trying to make it be all things to all markets ,expanding it's range of services to levels it was never designed for.

yadig

I was shocked to see ground profit margins in single digits. I thought they were doing a lot better than that. I guess all that cheap labor isn’t so cheap.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I said that they were trying to make it be all things to all markets ,expanding it's range of services to levels it was never designed for.
But don't you believe in evolution? Was the design rigid, or adaptable?

Are you a blind squirrel that found an acorn?

throwaway10

Overnight if they want.

OMG so I have to follow up...Ground held almost all the packages Express gave them, and guess what showed up a week later... Ground gave it all back to Express... I take back what I said Ground didn't handle it at all.

MAKAVELI

OMG so I have to follow up...Ground held almost all the packages Express gave them, and guess what showed up a week later... Ground gave it all back to Express... I take back what I said Ground didn't handle it at all.
And this is exactly one of many reasons having 2 separate opco is hurting FedEx.