Amazon already bigger delivery company than UPS and FedEx by volume.

BrownSnowFlake

I made a comment about Dave on a reddit thread and got a like from someone. Apparently I'm not the only person from here that lurks on reddit sometimes.
my shop steward looks like a redditor
pic related
D6FBCAD8-F251-4EAE-A8FF-5900C4AC56F9.jpeg

BrownSnowFlake

Demographics suggests that we(US) are in a blue collar labor shortage for the foreseeable future. Great environment for unions and higher wages for less attractive work.
We need immigrants. The more desperate and uneducated, the better. Bonus points if they’re violent drug addicts.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Amazon doesn't seem to self deliver lathe items. We deliver that stuff. We do their crappy returns as well, usually busted up furniture.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Plenty of work to go around. E-commerce is only going to grow. Eventually all the big box retailers will close their stores and operate massive warehouses where people order online and it gets delivered. Amazon delivery isn’t one large company either. It’s thousands of independent contractors that Amazon gets a franchise fee from. At any point we can snag millions of surepost away from USPS if we need volume. If Amazon and surepost wasn’t a thing we’d be working 14 hour days 6 days a week all year with all that extra volume. 80% of my car is still Amazon. Also Amazon only started turning a profit like a decade ago after existing since the 90s, their bread isn’t buttered in home delivery. I think the only thing that makes them profitable is cloud services and being an internet server provider.

BrownSnowFlake

Plenty of work to go around. E-commerce is only going to grow. Eventually all the big box retailers will close their stores and operate massive warehouses where people order online and it gets delivered. Amazon delivery isn’t one large company either. It’s thousands of independent contractors that Amazon gets a franchise fee from. At any point we can snag millions of surepost away from USPS if we need volume. If Amazon and surepost wasn’t a thing we’d be working 14 hour days 6 days a week all year with all that extra volume. 80% of my car is still Amazon. Also Amazon only started turning a profit like a decade ago after existing since the 90s, their bread isn’t buttered in home delivery. I think the only thing that makes them profitable is cloud services and being an internet server provider.
I would add this anecdote:

Amazon opened a new warehouse in our area earlier this year. We deliver merchandise to this warehouse from their suppliers. During normal operations this amounts to an extra trailer being built by the preload every morning. During peak it has meant 3 extra trailers. So it’s not like we’re entirely missing out.

Sporhwhore

Thought sure post rules were supposed to change within new contract ? I’m seeing more sure post now than I have ever seen before…. They don’t want it ( post office) besides past 2 weeks we have massive layoffs and yet we’re delivering record volume to the post offices… “ things that make you go hmmm”.

cosis

Thought sure post rules were supposed to change within new contract ? I’m seeing more sure post now than I have ever seen before…. They don’t want it ( post office) besides past 2 weeks we have massive layoffs and yet we’re delivering record volume to the post offices… “ things that make you go hmmm”.
I am a mail carrier and we get more surepost then ever, also packages getting bigger. Wasn't surepost suppose to be in very rural area's UPS didn't want to deliver too? I see UPS trucks all day in my area.

PT Car Washer

I am a mail carrier and we get more surepost then ever, also packages getting bigger. Wasn't surepost suppose to be in very rural area's UPS didn't want to deliver too? I see UPS trucks all day in my area.
I thought Sure Post was a cheaper alternative to UPS Ground. I was at a Post Office the other day for 2 hours scanning 530 Sure Post packages and bags of Sure Post.

JL 0513

UPS goes far beyond where USPS typically goes. We have to go to every doorstep while the Post Office often drops at community mail box stations at the entrance of many developments. Or the mail box on the road when UPS has to drive down the mile long dirt road to the house. Not to say USPS doesn't sometimes have to bring certain packages to the door of hard to get to places but USPS does have a huge advantage on that respect.

Most Surepost is to houses we literally pass right by every day. It's simply a cheaper way for UPS to deliver that final step.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
We were suppose to be cutting back on Amazon volume but you can't tell that by looking at my car every day of the week.

I saw a 300lb Amazon delivery lady smoking a cigarette and taking way to long to walk a box to a house yesterday. That can't be profitable