Fedex Pension question

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just keep this in mind, the 8% match is not guaranteed. It might be that now to draw people out of the pension, but a few years from now "business needs" might force them to drop the match down to 5% or whatever. The pension is pretty much guaranteed, but that 8% match is not.
More like business greed.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That’s not a layoff. Keeping people employed when their job is no longer needed is pretty employee friendly. Choosing not to fill that position after they leave is a good decision.

Eh, you know how it is. There aren't any layoffs, but some people still want to complain, so they complain that not filling a vacant position is a layoff because reasons.

FedUpRTD

Bravo Zulu, sir!! You clearly understand Fred S. Following are just a few of the takeaways during my tenure at FedEx:

1. Profit sharing
2. Jumpseat
3. Discount stock purchase plan
4. Decent affordable medical care
5. Traditional Pension Plan
6. Two-year topout
7. No layoff policy
8. Safe Driving/Roadeo
9. Family Briefing

Feel free to add more because I know I've missed some.

Shift differential
Doubles pay

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Bravo Zulu, sir!! You clearly understand Fred S. Following are just a few of the takeaways during my tenure at FedEx:

1. Profit sharing
2. Jumpseat
3. Discount stock purchase plan
4. Decent affordable medical care
5. Traditional Pension Plan
6. Two-year topout
7. No layoff policy
8. Safe Driving/Roadeo
9. Family Briefing

Feel free to add more because I know I've missed some.
Bravo Zulu payouts (replaced by verbal atta’ boys and worthless paper)

Two weeks of courier school and expense accounts for meals (replaced by a couple of measly days and “here’s the vehicle keys, have at it!”)