Fedex Pension question

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
86BD2158-9603-457F-8A00-BC0C02138691.jpeg

Serf

It's still there if you were hired before Jan 2020. For now, you'll have the choice to continue with the portable pension as-is, or skip the PP and take the 8% 401k match.
Well, yes. I'd opt to stick with the PPA until they yank it away. Which judging by history is a couple years away.

fedx

Extra Large Package
It's still there if you were hired before Jan 2020. For now, you'll have the choice to continue with the portable pension as-is, or skip the PP and take the 8% 401k match.

Just keep this in mind, the 8% match is not guaranteed. It might be that now to draw people out of the pension, but a few years from now "business needs" might force them to drop the match down to 5% or whatever. The pension is pretty much guaranteed, but that 8% match is not.

MAKAVELI

Just keep this in mind, the 8% match is not guaranteed. It might be that now to draw people out of the pension, but a few years from now "business needs" might force them to drop the match down to 5% or whatever. The pension is pretty much guaranteed, but that 8% match is not.
Classic bait and switch.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Bravo Zulu, sir!! You clearly understand Fred S. Following are just a few of the takeaways during my tenure at FedEx:

1. Profit sharing
2. Jumpseat
3. Discount stock purchase plan
4. Decent affordable medical care
5. Traditional Pension Plan
6. Two-year topout
7. No layoff policy
8. Safe Driving/Roadeo
9. Family Briefing

Feel free to add more because I know I've missed some.

It will be fine

Bravo Zulu, sir!! You clearly understand Fred S. Following are just a few of the takeaways during my tenure at FedEx:

1. Profit sharing
2. Jumpseat
3. Discount stock purchase plan
4. Decent affordable medical care
5. Traditional Pension Plan
6. Two-year topout
7. No layoff policy
8. Safe Driving/Roadeo
9. Family Briefing

Feel free to add more because I know I've missed some.
Have there been layoffs? I’ve never seen any.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have there been layoffs? I’ve never seen any.

There were some people laid-off during the Great Recession. I believe most were offered jobs that they either wouldn't or couldn't take, but we had some administrative people have their jobs "eliminated". Technically, not a lay-off, but essentially the same thing.

MAKAVELI

There were some people laid-off during the Great Recession. I believe most were offered jobs that they either wouldn't or couldn't take, but we had some administrative people have their jobs "eliminated". Technically, not a lay-off, but essentially the same thing.
The end result is the same. Ttku......