Fedex Pilots Contract - Wow

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They would use a temp service at first. More than half of the fired couriers would come back, at a lower rate of pay.
Sure!
laughing.gif

Kiowascout

Good job ALPA!!
FXG Linehaul needs Your Help !!!!!

with all the hype for the last 6 months about Septembers new pay enhancements was nothing more than BS.
We got a wonderful Decrease in pay.. Yeap!!

**FXG Reduced linehaul pay for 2016!!! ** they had the balls to screw us again!

for years we have had increases that fail to keep pace with inflation (1% - 2%).

Average route pay cut $-2400 to $-2600 per year
How many millions have they been skim off of FSC?
How many millions did they skim off of Fuel rebates?
How much did the elite executive salaries increase this year????

Thanks Henry,

MAKAVELI

Good job ALPA!!

with all the hype for the last 6 months about Septembers new pay enhancements was nothing more than BS.

for years we have had increases that fail to keep pace with inflation (1% - 2%).

Thanks Henry,
Don't blame the pilots for your scam. Welcome to Fredex homie.;)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Good job ALPA!!

Thanks Henry,

You didn't specify if you were a contractor or driver. Regardless, you might want to ask your management (the FedEx people who really run Ground) why they are cutting pay when profit margins are close to 20%?

I know that Ground is subsidizing other FedEx failures and new purchases of aircraft and vehicles. Express profits certainly aren't paying for them. This is a delicious turnaround from the days Fred was robbing us blind and poking us in the butt simultaneously building-up Ground. Now, it's your turn to help pay for all those new Boeings, a hefty pilot raise, and inevitable raises and bonuses for the upper end execs.

Someone will get a bonus for suggesting they ream Ground for a change.

As sph said, "Welcome to FredEx" Your butt will be sore every day, but your lighter wallet will help ease the pain.

Ramp77

In general, the pilots look at us as scum. One of the biggest reasons they have theirs is that we don't have ours. And they seem to be just fine with that.

I don't think you understand how the pilots really look at others. I worked on the Ramp for United as a fueler and loader for 16 years. Initially I felt the same as you until I actually talked to a few pilots and asked them about their jobs. Most were very friendly and gave me advice on how to become a pilot. It was not easy but I did it and have no regrets, I was also older than most when I started. In the case of Fedex, they have probably close 70% former military pilots, UPS is probably closer to 50% military.
I think one of the biggest problems people have is that it is easy to look at a group and make generalizations without having all the facts. If you think pilots have such a great deal, learn about the job and go do it yourself. Otherwise make the best of your own situation. Ultimately we make our own choices. It is easier now than ever to become a pilot, but it is not easy. It is much easier to complain about what others have achieved.

Ramp77

It's more expensive than ever to become a pilot.

That is only partially true. If you have done any financial analysis and had a historical perspective on career progression you would understand that now is the best time financially since the end of the Vietnam war to become a pilot. Most flying schools will hire you as an instructor when you finish their program and/or offer tuition reimbursement or aid. Unheard of just a few years ago. Also, many regional airlines are offering significant hiring bonuses plus the best compensation packages they have ever offered. There are also many great corporate flying jobs available. So while you say it's more expensive than ever to become a pilot you are only looking at the initial training costs. I had to get a 4 year college degree to be competitive for the best jobs, that is no longer the case either. One thing I will mention is that you have to enjoy the job to be the most successful. Some people spend a lot of time and money and in the end realize the job is not for them.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
That is only partially true. If you have done any financial analysis and had a historical perspective on career progression you would understand that now is the best time financially since the end of the Vietnam war to become a pilot. Most flying schools will hire you as an instructor when you finish their program and/or offer tuition reimbursement or aid. Unheard of just a few years ago. Also, many regional airlines are offering significant hiring bonuses plus the best compensation packages they have ever offered. There are also many great corporate flying jobs available. So while you say it's more expensive than ever to become a pilot you are only looking at the initial training costs. I had to get a 4 year college degree to be competitive for the best jobs, that is no longer the case either. One thing I will mention is that you have to enjoy the job to be the most successful. Some people spend a lot of time and money and in the end realize the job is not for them.
I graduated last year with a degree in Commercial Aviation. It isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. Not by a long shot.

Ramp77

I graduated last year with a degree in Commercial Aviation. It isn't as easy as you're making it out to be. Not by a long shot.

Did you see the part where I said "it's not easy"? It was not easy but it was worth it to me. It's also why not everybody is a pilot and why the compensation is good. My main point is that once I decided to become more informed I was enlightened and made a choice to go for it. As a ramp guy at United I heard many complain about how good the pilots had it but most didn't really know what was involved to Pursue the career nor did they have the desire to do so because it "seems so hard" or "they are all military" I heard those statements many times.
It is not easy but you will be successful if you stick to it. I am sure your opportunities are better now than mine were in the late '90's. I have helped a few people in the last few years to achieve their goals and they are progressing quite rapidly. Good luck and just don't give up!!