FedEx plaintiffs reach settlement in delivery overcharge dispute

CJinx

Hey, weren't they "not guilty", and going to "vigorously defend themselves" in court? Note the part saying that executives encouraged the overcharging despite being informed that it was happening.
They did vigorously defend themselves... By getting the plaintiffs to agree to an out of court settlement, they don't have to admit to any wrongdoing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
They did vigorously defend themselves... By getting the plaintiffs to agree to an out of court settlement, they don't have to admit to any wrongdoing.

Exactly. Standard Operating procedure at FedEx. Lie, cheat, steal, beg "innocence" if you get caught, and then settle out-of-court.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Curiosity, but isn't this the fastest settlement involving our illustrious (to the untrained eye) employer that any of you have ever heard of? Far and away for me, I expected at least 3 years of "vigorous defense" out of FedEx.

​I guess the gathering of solid documentation of wrongdoing, attaining appropriate counsel and filing under RICO really puts the shivers in the Memphis carpet dwellers.