Feeder and Disability

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You have to be able to lift a dolly. When you get some seniority you can bid a run that just has single trailers
And now days it’s crazy stupid how fast drivers are moving up the seniority list… we have folks who have got seniority on runs that only a few years ago would have belong to the top 25% of drivers on the board..

quad decade guy

Damn right… there were times where I pretty much built sets for people who were behind or had to go to the power shop for something…they appreciated the gesture and it gave me something to do between moves…sometimes shifting is boring as hell..
This is so unreal as to be trollish.

Our shifters go hide in dark corner waiting for moves....

quad decade guy

lol. Its not that I literally am unable to lift either 40 or 70 pounds. The doctor set me up as a preventative measure, I can do the job now, but they think if I keep at it, I will get seriously worse, which means more liability for UPS. Im hoping if the heavy lifting of feeder is maybe once a day, as opposed to all day every day in package, they will allow me to do it. Also, I'm already on the list, top 10, so I can be in the next class as soon as my doctor gives me the ok. Just gotta convince him somehow...
With all respect.....take that Hub clerk job. I've seen jobs created for folks like you.....

You are white-hot radioactive to UPS.....

Coldworld

60 months and counting

It happened more than once…and if you can believe it shifters would get dolly twists from yard control and actually put dollys away into the pile….oh the absolute madness of that…smfh

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Not a troll son… been on this site since 1999… one of the original OG’s from back in the day…guess our shifters like helping out and cleaning the yard…don’t knock them for trying to not be bored out of their minds…

quad decade guy

You are a special kind of angry aren’t you???
Angry? About this guy? Actually giving a good piece of advice. I think you are mis hearing my point. A cushy clerk job maybe working days vs feeders? Jobs being specially created because they didn't know what else to do with them. UPS has limited opportunities and is very rigid.....anyone with much experience at UPS knows this.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I can't remember the last time I lifted anything more than 20lbs in feeders. The hardest part of my day is fine tuning the A/C so that the temperature inside the cab is just right.
Hardest part of my day is deciding whether to add another comforter or get up and adjust the thermostat while sitting in my recliner.

undies

I have 20 years with the company, over that time they have learned to hate me for various reasons. Ive always advocated for myself and asked questions they didnt want to answer. Despite all the BS I really did love driving package, my own route and customers really made me happy. If I have to give it all up for some clerk job, so be it, I just dont want to give up on driving just yet...until I feel like I really have no choice.