Feeder and Disability

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have 20 years with the company, over that time they have learned to hate me for various reasons. Ive always advocated for myself and asked questions they didnt want to answer. Despite all the BS I really did love driving package, my own route and customers really made me happy. If I have to give it all up for some clerk job, so be it, I just dont want to give up on driving just yet...until I feel like I really have no choice.
Once you have a weight restriction you won’t have much choice. ADA is basically it for you. The thing a lot of people don’t understand is, if you lift anything over your weight limit, and injure yourself more, the company is liable for putting you in that position, so they will never take the chance. Have fun on small sort.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
yes , truck drivers have a life expensency (sp) of about 5 years less than normal.
Been nice knowin ya Frank
E42139EB-4500-4504-B50D-5B401845A8D2.jpeg

Frankie has definitely had her share of gas station trucker food 🍱

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Lifting a dolly
Shimmy it into place
Pulling down overhead doors
Opening and closing barn doors
Pulling 5 th wheel
Cranking up/down landing gears
Even pulling your self up into a tractor
All can be over strenuous on your body !
If your back is that bad , even driving the feeder on rough roads can be painful
If you think you can handle that ,, i wish you well

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Lifting a dolly
Shimmy it into place
Pulling down overhead doors
Opening and closing barn doors
Pulling 5 th wheel
Cranking up/down landing gears
Even pulling your self up into a tractor
All can be over strenuous on your body !
If your back is that bad , even driving the feeder on rough roads can be painful
If you think you can handle that ,, i wish you well
True..all of it. I’ve known many drivers who have tweeked their backs out by just coupling to trailers too hard….it doesn’t take much really.

trickpony1

Don't keep your wallet in your back pocket.
It tilts your pelvis/spine geometry and can cause pain/injury from sitting hours upon hours in a feedah.

Orthopedically helping.

ManInBrown

I haven’t touched cardboard in years. Your biggest issues would be closing swing door trailers on a rail car. The doors are heavy and some of them aren’t smooth to shut. You’re not lifting anything but they are still heavy. UPS could easily do a workaround though to deny you by saying you need to be doubles certified. The dolly is heavy and you have to lift the front of it.

quad decade guy

I haven’t touched cardboard in years. Your biggest issues would be closing swing door trailers on a rail car. The doors are heavy and some of them aren’t smooth to shut. You’re not lifting anything but they are still heavy. UPS could easily do a workaround though to deny you by saying you need to be doubles certified. The dolly is heavy and you have to lift the front of it.
Mostly agree except....any feeder driver will have to be able to lift boxes. That's where they'll get him.