Feeder cover and package cover at the same time

Upsbc251

How does this work or can it work? Know anyone at your hub that covers for both? If they both need you how do you choose which to go with?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How does this work or can it work? Know anyone at your hub that covers for both? If they both need you how do you choose which to go with?

I know a driver that is FT package but covers feeders. They send him to feeders and cover his package route by others. Is that what you are asking?

barnyard

KTM rider
I think feeders has priority.

Correct.

I am one of 3 guys in my building that are in package, but are feeder qualified. We pick our vacations with feeders and cover their runs when they are on vacation or sick. I have my own bid package route and when I cover a feeder job, a cover driver covers my route.

At peak, if the feeder department needs us to work out of our center, we do and a cover driver covers our package route.

9.5er

Correct.

I am one of 3 guys in my building that are in package, but are feeder qualified. We pick our vacations with feeders and cover their runs when they are on vacation or sick. I have my own bid package route and when I cover a feeder job, a cover driver covers my route.

At peak, if the feeder department needs us to work out of our center, we do and a cover driver covers our package route.
How about personal holidays? Do you post them thru package or feeders or both?
I’ve only been in feeders a couple months now and am bottom cover driver. Only worked feeders a couple times now. Have not been given a clear answer on where I post my PH.

barnyard

KTM rider
I’ve only been in feeders a couple months now and am bottom cover driver. Only worked feeders a couple times now. Have not been given a clear answer on where I post my PH.

My driver supe (package) does the scheduling, including the PHs for feeders, in my building. If I need one, I submit the dates and he looks at the calendar to make sure that feeder work is covered. I have not been refused a PH because of feeders, it is because I do not have enough seniority to ever get a Friday off.

The worst is covering a Monday PH in my building. Our schedules are all evening start, morning finish. Covering Monday, means sleeping Tuesday and working We-Fr in package. I covered 2 weeks in a row a couple of years ago, then a Monday and then went back to package. I was dragging so bad on Friday, I did not think I would finish the route. I had an on area obs and the boss said I looked terrible. The only thing that saved me was that it was a bright sunny day. Had it been cloudy, I would not have been able to stay awake.

9.5er

My situation is kinda weird I guess. I’m in a small center. Feeder sups are in another center, not in my building. Feeder sup told me during training that if they approved my PH I got the day off. But once I finished training and went back to package my package sup days they can deny my day if a senior package driver has the day posted.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Here you would bid your personals with feeders. It's possible that your package sup doesn't understand that, might need someone from feeders to explain it to him

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We've had guys who were still cover in package that were also on the Q list for feeders, feeders had priority.

Yes but not even necessarily a FT package driver but even a PT cover driver that covers feeders as well.
We don't have PT cover drivers, so can't help you there.

Johney

Here you're pulled from package to feeders for the week, so ph in that week is feeder sups job. Back in package that's your package sups job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Correct.

This is how it should work. Here for peak a retired feeder driver comes back and they bump the coverage feeder back to their package car route