Feeder Drivers

sportsman70004

Looking at becoming a feeder driver. They said it’s full time but everything I see says you could work 1-3 days and on call the rest is there any truth to this?

brett636

Depends on how busy your building is and how the economy fares in the future. I believe new drivers in my build are still getting plenty of OT and we are supposedly hiring all of last peaks seasonal drivers. You will be the bottom seniority driver so if things slow down you may not work everyday, and a layoff is possible but not guaranteed. The only way to guarantee more regular work is to get in there now so you can build some seniority and then you will be able to work as much as you want.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Feeders is both Full time and on call for new drivers.

And as someone else said, if it's EZRPA (which I am out of) we have 380 drivers now and they are talking to have around 600 or more. And we have 20 sleeper runs and they want to have 60+

sportsman70004

Feeders is both Full time and on call for new drivers.

And as someone else said, if it's EZRPA (which I am out of) we have 380 drivers now and they are talking to have around 600 or more. And we have 20 sleeper runs and they want to have 60+
Yes it’s EZR inMiddletown, I was told it’s 40 hrs or more either Tuesday to Saturday or Wednesday to Sunday.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Yes it’s EZR inMiddletown, I was told it’s 40 hrs or more either Tuesday to Saturday or Wednesday to Sunday.
They were right when they told you 40+ hours per work. But I wouldn't get your hopes up on the 8-9am starts once you get hired. For training it will be those times but once you get hired you will more than likely be working around 10pm start times, until you can get a bid with a regular start time. But even then 8-9 am would be a stretch. we have 20+ year drivers who can't get that start time. Maybe with the days they are telling you though, but not M-friend.