Feeder Questions

iYesCap

Hello, I’m 18 I just started at UPS in July. I’m about to get my CDL because I want to become a feeder as soon as I turn 21. However, I’m confused about the registration process. So, once I’m 21 and I am put on the wait list for a bid, do I remain a package handler or do I get to drive just random routes until I get my own route? (I’m a part time package handler btw)

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Hello, I’m 18 I just started at UPS in July. I’m about to get my CDL because I want to become a feeder as soon as I turn 21. However, I’m confused about the registration process. So, once I’m 21 and I am put on the wait list for a bid, do I remain a package handler or do I get to drive just random routes until I get my own route? (I’m a part time package handler btw)
Things vary greatly from area to area. You’d need to post what contract and supplement you are covered under in order for anyone to give you specifics. Ask your steward if you don’t know. Even then depending on how things go with the next contract (August 2023) and federal legislation, regarding changing CDL laws, things could change before you reach 21 years old.

UPS pays for the CDL. Keep your record clean, stay motivated and put in your time until 21. Depending on your local, you may need to be a package driver for one year to qualify for Feeders.