Feeders?

bplppl

Feeder sup at my center says yes, if all of the full timers pass, it goes to the highest seniority part timer. I am hoping to do just that. I've been unloading trailers for 6 years now. Still 6-7 back from full time.

over9five

Staff member
Pt preloader here.can I go straight into feeders without driving a package car?
Sometimes.

IF you already have a CDL, OR Ups will teach you (depends on area).

IF you're 21.

IF you have the seniority to bid a posted Feeder job.

​Doesn't hurt to sign that bid, good luck!

PT Car Washer

Not in my building. Must have one year safe driving in package car. PT or FT air driver does not count. Or I think three FT over the road tractor trailer.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In order to get into FEEDER, you must be over 21 years old. Not have any accidents in a company vehicle in a year. You must pass a STRICK background check which includes, Criminal, Credit, schooling, and driving history.

Any unreported arrests can get you FIRED or disqualified from feeder.

Previous drug use or DUI's will disqualify you as well.

If you have a criminal background, FEEDER isnt something you would want to apply for.

TOS.

Johney

In order to get into FEEDER, you must be over 21 years old. Not have any accidents in a company vehicle in a year. You must pass a STRICK background check which includes, Criminal, Credit, schooling, and driving history.Wrong. If you were hired you already did a background check

Previous drug use or DUI's will disqualify you as well.Half wrong. Don't test positive on your first test(or any for that matter) and you'll be fine. Can not be convicted of a DUI within 1 year previous to being accepted.

If you have a criminal background, FEEDER isnt something you would want to apply for.

TOS.

brett636

Your chances on going straight from part-time to feeders depends on your area's work rules. In my area it has happened numerous times, but other areas its nearly impossible due to the type of seniority that is observed. The buildings that go by classification seniority will offer you the best chances at making feeders if your part-time seniority is high enough. If its a building that goes by just straight fulltime seniority then your chances are slim to none since the most senior fulltime drivers go into feeders when its available to them and they can bounce back and forth. Of course it also helps to work in a building with a significant feeder operation because if you are from a small center with only a handful of feeder runs then your wait could be a couple decades.

BBBP

BBBP
Yes you can, I did it. Was working part time for four years when a feeder bid came open. No pkg driver wanted it so they opened up to any part timer that already had a CDL and experience Which i had. Going on six years now and love it

QKRSTKR

They do a bit more of a background check going into feeders than they do for a part time position. They do background checks for package drivers going to feeders. Your not talking about walking out with a c.d. Stuck in your pants. Your talking 2 pups full of packages that your responsible for. Think about how much money is sitting in 2 full 28 foot trailers.

some reason quote didn't work???

QKRSTKR

There is quite a bit of information you have to fill out in the form of a online packet. It's almost like applying for a new job.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In order to get into FEEDER, you must be over 21 years old. Not have any accidents in a company vehicle in a year. You must pass a STRICK background check which includes, Criminal, Credit, schooling, and driving history.Wrong. If you were hired you already did a background check( YOU ARE INCORRECT)

Previous drug use or DUI's will disqualify you as well.Half wrong. Don't test positive on your first test(or any for that matter) and you'll be fine. Can not be convicted of a DUI within 1 year previous to being accepted. (wrong again.)
~~JOHNEY

I just love when a guy comes on a post and thinks he has it all figured out. When a candidate for feeder applies for the position, that candidate must RE APPLY with the company as if they are starting FRESH OFF THE STREET. They have to first complete the application package, which includes, an APPLICATION and several RELEASE forms allowing the company to conduct a FULL and COMPLETE history check as if you NEVER worked for UPS.

Unlike PACKAGE, there are more severe restrictions to driving a feeder truck and the company has to conduct a COMPLETE CRIMINAL history going back YEARS, not 12 months. They check your school records, college records and previous work history records.

You MUST sign RELEASES to allow this to happen, or you will not qualify for feeder.

Because alcohol is a factor for many people, previous driving records that show a history of DUI's will disqualify you. In a package car, the blood alcohol content that would be legally drunk is .08, but for a feeder driver, that level is .04 or half the legal limit.

The rules for application are WAAAAY different than just being hired to preload, unload , sort and drive package.

You dont want to give this kind of stupid advice JOHNEY. Its NOT accurate.

UPS hires a private investigation company to conduct these investigations and when completed, they send a copy to the candidate with ALL the findings.

Just because you got hired to preload, sort or drive package DOES NOT mean you just walk into the feeder department. There are federal laws that prohibit people from driving 18 wheel vehicles with PAST criminal records for drugs, alcohol and transportation issues like interupting a flight in the air, interupting a train or transporting narcotics across state lines and these have NO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS.

Dont be an idiot. Listen first, then try to understand.

Hope this helps you out.

TOS

Where are you getting that info? I signed the feeder bid and when it was my turn the following week I was in feeder. No paperwork, no background checks, no rectal probes.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Where are you getting that info? I signed the feeder bid and when it was my turn the following week I was in feeder. No paperwork, no background checks, no rectal probes.

The feeder bid? Or signing up for feeder from scratch?

The "BID" is something "FEEDER" drivers do. Candidates cannot "BID" on feeder runs.

An UNCERTIFIED candidate wanting to go into feeder has to complete the application process, go to a 2 week UPS run feeder school or equal truck driving school, then go to DMV and get a permit, then after certification, return to DMV to get a class A plus T license.

Next, the candidate doesnt just walk into feeder. The candidate must complete a NEW DOT physical regardless of current expiration date, then take a drug test that is only good for 30 days. ( if a candidate isnt taken into feeder school in 30 days, the candidate must retake the drug test portion)

These are required STEPS that must be taken in order to see the inside of a feeder truck.

TOS.