Feeders?

CaptainObvious

There is quite a bit of information you have to fill out in the form of a online packet. It's almost like applying for a new job.

I just got done filling out the online application and was really surprised as well. I figured after 23 years there wasn't much info they should need...... WRONG!

Looking forward to a new chapter in my UPS career sometime after the first of the year.

pretender

Where are you getting that info? I signed the feeder bid and when it was my turn the following week I was in feeder. No paperwork, no background checks, no rectal probes.

I was wondering the same thing, I sure don't recall doing any of that--Although, I went into feeders pre CDL...

Last edited:

Johney

~~JOHNEY

I just love when a guy comes on a post and thinks he has it all figured out. When a candidate for feeder applies for the position, that candidate must RE APPLY with the company as if they are starting FRESH OFF THE STREET. They have to first complete the application package, which includes, an APPLICATION and several RELEASE forms allowing the company to conduct a FULL and COMPLETE history check as if you NEVER worked for UPS.

Unlike PACKAGE, there are more severe restrictions to driving a feeder truck and the company has to conduct a COMPLETE CRIMINAL history going back YEARS, not 12 months. They check your school records, college records and previous work history records.

You MUST sign RELEASES to allow this to happen, or you will not qualify for feeder.

Because alcohol is a factor for many people, previous driving records that show a history of DUI's will disqualify you. In a package car, the blood alcohol content that would be legally drunk is .08, but for a feeder driver, that level is .04 or half the legal limit.

The rules for application are WAAAAY different than just being hired to preload, unload , sort and drive package.

You dont want to give this kind of stupid advice JOHNEY. Its NOT accurate.

UPS hires a private investigation company to conduct these investigations and when completed, they send a copy to the candidate with ALL the findings.

Just because you got hired to preload, sort or drive package DOES NOT mean you just walk into the feeder department. There are federal laws that prohibit people from driving 18 wheel vehicles with PAST criminal records for drugs, alcohol and transportation issues like interupting a flight in the air, interupting a train or transporting narcotics across state lines and these have NO STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS.

Dont be an idiot. Listen first, then try to understand.

Hope this helps you out.

TOS
Yawn.

Indecisi0n

center manager told me I had to take another one. The weird part about this DOT physical was he performed it personally in his back office.