Female drivers

Buck Fifty

2 at my center. Neither over 5' 3" or over 120 lbs. I would probably give both of them special treatment, but the company does not.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We only have 2 females in our center. They're both somewhat stocky but not fat and in their 40s. They don't stand out from the guys so they appear to run regular routes and do a decent job because I never hear sups bitching about them.

U

uber

Well women aren't treated differently where I am at Fedex...Theres is one woman who is 45, 5'4" and out runs every man at our station. We were all glad when she stopped being a cover driver and got her own route! Most of the whiners are lazy guys at my station. I mean really....grow a set.

What does that mean? She does 45 stops instead of 50?

Cementups

Box Monkey
The route I have now is a heavy bulk run that used to be run by a woman literally half myself. I was nice enough to relieve here of the route after I was relieved of my previous route. It regularly gets O/70's. My customers used to bust my stones if they would hear me grunt at all lifting some of these packages. I've worked her for almost 20 years, I know how tough she is.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We have/have had female drivers that seriously kick butt. Others, not so much.

We have/have had male drivers that seriously kick butt. Others, not so much.

What's the problem?

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
We have half a dozen in an 100 route center. All butch, all just one of the guys, all good drivers. The two that weren't butch stunk and quit. Actually was covering one of the quitters routes one day and a customer asked me why I don't whine and complain like her. haha

If you can hang against these dispatches then I don't care if you are a man women or puppy. If you can't hang then get out of the way.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The women at my center all three of us get luxury treatment. We have some nice looking young guy come get our air at 5pm, when we have 40 left. I should say just me. And I had 20 more miles and 130 more pieces, every day. All my pkg are prescreened to be light, I only had 15 today over 70, and only 7 were over 100.
Im no way butch, and no way in my 40s. And no way can I kick your ass, Im beat. Gramma of 7 here.

upschick95

I am currently the only female driver in my center. I don't get treated any differently. Shoot at times I think I get treated worse. We had an on car supervisor that would tell customers "UPS does not discriminate they treat us all like smile*"

Any female that does this job..has my complete respect.!! Young or old (butch or not) Its a hard job now matter who you are...Atleast Brown is fair...They treat every single person like they are the scum of the earth!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
Maybe not by UPS but certainly by the customers. I've said it before --the same guys who would trip over themselves to open doors and carry packages for a female driver wouldn't take two steps out of their way to help a male driver struggling with an arm load of packages. When we had a female center manager our female driver and female clerk were given cuts and other perks when they wanted them that the males weren't offered. I never once heard a center manager or Sup tell a female to "get your sorry @ss busy" like they would yell at the guys. When talking to a female it was "we need you to pick up the pace or would you please speed it up a little". Thats how it was at my center anyway.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It seems, based on the responses so far, that my buiding has a really high percentage of women drivers. Of the approximately 25 FT drivers, 5 are women. And to the question at hand, NO none of us get preferential treatment. We bust our asses every day. In my building the R&G men get the preferential treatment. MEN, all of them, are the runners and gunners.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've seen a female driver every so often since '08. She is, IMO , the ultimate in dedicated, focused drivers. She delivers the Lido Building across from Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, CA.