Few Saturday questions

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Are Saturdays post Monday holidays a 6 punch?

If a Saturday driver works Monday should his spot on Saturday then be offered as extra work?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Unsure. Here none of our t-s workers work preload or drive. So possibly? Haven’t seen it in action yet

Brownslave688

For us M-friend hourlies, yes.

In my opinion, yes, but as for what the contract says (little to nothing directly, I think) and how that's interpreted, I'm unsure.
but for tues-sat schedule guys sat is not a 6 punch on a holiday week.

This is what I thought. Just verifying for some guys who think they will be getting 6 punch

542thruNthru

Are Saturdays post Monday holidays a 6 punch?

If a Saturday driver works Monday should his spot on Saturday then be offered as extra work?
Sorry I'm a little confused by what you mean.

My understanding is no. A 22.4 schedule is T-S and if he works Monday it's extra work for his class. He doesn't loose a day of his regular scheduled work week because of it.

Brownslave688

Sorry I'm a little confused by what you mean.

My understanding is no. A 22.4 schedule is T-S and if he works Monday it's extra work for his class. He doesn't loose a day of his regular scheduled work week because of it.
well we don't have any 22.4 yet. What we have are t-s RPCD.

Most of them think they will be getting 6 punch june 5

Whither

Scofflaw
I was T-S through til the week of July 4 last year. If I remember correctly I did get paid for Memorial Day but Sat was definitely a regular workday, time and a half only after 8.

542thruNthru

Also, does it seem to affect the company from forcing T-S drivers in on Mondays?
UPS will pay what they have to, to get everything delivered. 22.4s still work Mondays here but because some members are to chicken S* to demand their 5 consecutive days after and they take a day off in the middle of the week so they have hours for Saturday.
Here they've been forcing for years. And what's your local's position re: attendance discipline on forced 6/7 punch call-ins?
Our panel has said that the workday/workweek language is a minimum not a maximum.

"The regular scheduled work day shall consist of eight (8) consecutive hours, with an established start time, excluding a non paid meal period of either one-half (½) or one (1) hour as provided in each respective area or local Addendum or Rider. The regular scheduled work week shall consist of five (5) consecutive eight (8) hour days Monday through Friday or Tuesday through Saturday"

My local is prepared to fight any suspension or higher discipline and use DOT fatigue language as it's defense but I don't believe it's gotten that far.

Whither

Scofflaw
22.4s still work Mondays here but because some members are to chicken S* to demand their 5 consecutive days after and they take a day off in the middle of the week so they have hours for Saturday.
That happens here too, smh.

Our panel has said that the workday/workweek language is a minimum not a maximum.

My local is prepared to fight any suspension or higher discipline and use DOT fatigue language as it's defense but I don't believe it's gotten that far.

Yeah, when I first discussed that language with my BA he said basically the same thing as your panel and pointed out there's nothing to limit the workweek besides DOT regulations. My center has been erratically coding 6 punch call-ins as occurrences since the start of the year but have yet to hear of any discipline based on those occurrences.