FICA Medicare

oldngray

nowhere special
Didn't know there was a max on FICA Medicare.

I'm not sure but there might be a max.

Each year, a contributions base or FICA limit applies for Social Security taxes. In 2012, the contributions base or FICA limit is $110,100. If you earn more than that amount, you get a break. Once you have paid taxes on $110,100, your employer takes no Social Security taxes from your paycheck until the next calendar year. Even if you are retired and collect Social Security benefits, you pay FICA taxes on your earned income up to the $110,100 limit.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_8389626_fica-limit.html

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm not sure but there might be a max.

Each year, a contributions base or FICA limit applies for Social Security taxes. In 2012, the contributions base or FICA limit is $110,100. If you earn more than that amount, you get a break. Once you have paid taxes on $110,100, your employer takes no Social Security taxes from your paycheck until the next calendar year. Even if you are retired and collect Social Security benefits, you pay FICA taxes on your earned income up to the $110,100 limit.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_8389626_fica-limit.html
You might be right. I went back and checked again and it's not Medicare they stopped, it was the regular FICA social security. I had gotten the two mixxed up. So to clarify, they took FICA Medicare, state and federal taxes, no SS.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The 2014 fica max is $117,000. There is no max on Medicare. Fica will resume with the first check issued in 2015.
Thanks for the clarification, everyone else I asked didn't have this problem and this is the first year I have. I was in the process of looking back and they stopped it two weeks ago. Just happen to notice since I picked up my physical check today, thanks again.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks for the clarification, everyone else I asked didn't have this problem and this is the first year I have. I was in the process of looking back and they stopped it two weeks ago. Just happen to notice since I picked up my physical check today, thanks again.
$$$$$$$

Good for you. Wife says next year they told her in October she will quit paying SS. Looking forward to the bigger paychecks for a few months.