Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
No in order to have hand holding someone has to talk to you. Inform you of stuff. When your supervisor goes on vacation for 2 weeks after your training week and the other sups don’t have time because they have their own trainees…you adapt and learn stuff on your own. You get the job done. That is what I did. I got the job done with what I was given.
"Sounds like not enough hand holding for you."

Uhhhh....I guess you don't understand the above quote.

So, you're like a character in the movie "Stripes"?

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
yes. I went the full 8 hrs without touching a sip of water or even going to the bathroom. It was high 80’s and very very humid. We didn’t even take the required 10 min break.
That is so sad.

The supe rode you hard to see if you would at least stand up for yourself...

You didn't.

Again, its very sad.

But...

Technically...

And only being technical because I want to help...

Technically, thats not heat stroke.

Do you squat?

Hows preload?

I want those hours.

On topic.

UPSER1987

I don’t know who stewie is. I came to get advice or guidance from those who have been with the company longer than I. They don’t tell us anything and I don’t know what to do.
Your steward should have greeted you when you arrived to the center to help transition to the new position, tips of the trade and his/her contact information if you have questions. That’s what they get paid for. Reach out to that person…hopefully it isn’t too late.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why on earth would you work for 8 hours on a hot day without drinking any water?
Reminds me of my training a hundred years ago. The very first time the idiot who was training me stayed in the truck and let me make a delivery on my own he was watching me through the bank window. I stopped at a water fountain on the way out and took what was apparently too long of drink. When I got back in the truck his exact words were "The first time I turn you loose you go to :poop: on me". What a company.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
d

yes. I went the full 8 hrs without touching a sip of water or even going to the bathroom. It was high 80’s and very very humid. We didn’t even take the required 10 min break.
Are you trying to become a runner or a driver? That you would even post something that makes you look like an idiot makes me question your makeup. You always take your breaks and lunch. You always stay hydrated on hot humid days. If the supe gives you a problem you drop anchor at the next place that has food and take lunch when it’s lunch time. Simply pull over when its break time. Simple. Even during training your entitled to lunch and breaks

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I went the full 8 hrs without touching a sip of water or even going to the bathroom. It was high 80’s and very very humid. We didn’t even take the required 10 min break
you’re the driver , break is up to you...you were scared of management and ran all day. Extremely stupid to not have been drinking water periodically throughout the day..

...and because of this YOU LOSE!

YOU WILL NEVER BE A RPCD!! 😂😂😂😂😂
🧔✊

UnionStrong

you’re the driver , break is up to you...you were scared of management and ran all day. Extremely stupid to not have been drinking water periodically throughout the day..

🧔✊
I was waiting for that! 😂

quad decade guy

They said labor made the decision not to give me an extension. I was the only qualifying female and all the other guys got one. I just don’t understand after one of the Safety coordinators said I was to get one.
No in order to have hand holding someone has to talk to you. Inform you of stuff. When your supervisor goes on vacation for 2 weeks after your training week and the other sups don’t have time because they have their own trainees…you adapt and learn stuff on your own. You get the job done. That is what I did. I got the job done with what I was given.
Is a stewie a safety corridinator? Like the one who talks to the union and stuff?
Ok.

So, what is a "safety coordinator"? What is an "extension"? What does your sex have to do with it(not gender)?

What you seem to be saying......you went the whole 30 days with zero input, comment or seeing an ORS? Never saw a report, manager any other person? And how did you punch in, get your diad, route etc.? You did this all on your own?

Really?

How were your numbers? Did your progressively get better over your 30? Heat stroke on day one is a big red flag for them. Just being honest.
Hey Brown Community.

I am a new driver and I was trying to qualify. I went through my whole 30 days with zero progress reports or any input from my supervisor. I had to learn how to be a driver on my own. The first day for training I was given heat stroke and had to battle dehydration and heat exhaustion the rest of the week.

I walked in last week with no notification after getting there early like usual, to only be told that I can’t finish my full 30 and that I should show up Monday for preload. I went the full time with no incident or accident. I am not sure how to fight it or what I can do…any ideas from those with experience in UPS?

Real feedback only please.
Really? So you acclimated to the heat after a week?

And you didn't think it was odd that NO PERSON ever talked to you.....during training ! ?

You got up every morning and did a route? Just picked a route and car, did as you pleased?

I have never heard of such in my 40 years.

BTW, in preload......you never heard of a Union Steward. Do you pay dues? Ever asked why or where your money was going?

How long at UPS?

And were you under/over-allowed? And this didn't get the attention of anyone? You say you got the job done......but didn't say how well...missed stops, pkgs. Service failures never came up in any conversations? You didn't get into trouble anywhere? Wow.

Lastly, when you checked out your diad in the morning....you didn't ask where your training sup was?.....like : Hey where's Bob my training sup?". Was your Mgr. awol too? And pkgs were loaded in your diad and matched your pkg car....right? And if so....who coordinated all that? How about pickups? All smooth and trouble free? Remarkable......

rjh9189

🧔✊
Actually it wasn’t up to me because my sup drove the first 2 days. When you go out there with them already in their minds to do everything they can to make sure you are not a driver they will do it. Trust me.

rjh9189

Are you trying to become a runner or a driver? That you would even post something that makes you look like an idiot makes me question your makeup. You always take your breaks and lunch. You always stay hydrated on hot humid days. If the supe gives you a problem you drop anchor at the next place that has food and take lunch when it’s lunch time. Simply pull over when its break time. Simple. Even during training your entitled to lunch and breaks
My route was on a lake. There were no gas stations food stops or break areas. You made yourself look like an idiot by not realizing that.

rjh9189

If you got your 30 days in, you're qualified. File a grievance.

Wait. You said you went through your whole 30 days. Which is it?
They wouldn’t let me hit my full 30 which is also my reason of why I question the decision. Letting ppl go before they reach their full 30 isn’t some sort of illegal practice?

UnionStrong

Actually it wasn’t up to me because my sup drove the first 2 days. When you go out there with them already in their minds to do everything they can to make sure you are not a driver they will do it. Trust me.
Bring a lunch and water, it’s not rocket science. Try Walmart, I hear they’re hiring, because you won’t last at UPS if you can’t even feed yourself.

rjh9189

Your steward should have greeted you when you arrived to the center to help transition to the new position, tips of the trade and his/her contact information if you have questions. That’s what they get paid for. Reach out to that person…hopefully it isn’t too late.
I will try to find someone. I have yet to meet anyone from the union, they did not greet me. Thanks to some helpful advice I will ask the steward though.

BigGuy2732

🧔✊
I was about to say where is he at? But here he is.

UnionStrong

I’m not sure about what you are getting about we went went non-stop for 8 hrs straight? Or is that too hard for you to understand.
You should have told him you needed a break!!!!! Who’s fault is that? Is that too hard to understand?

rjh9189

Why on earth would you work for 8 hours on a hot day without drinking any water?
Why on earth would you not do what you supervisor tells you when he is to guide you on what to do. He didn’t stop the truck unless it’s was for deliveries. I brought stuff but he never gave me time to get nothing. He never brought water for himself either. I’m sure it was some kind of head game.