rjh9189

You didn’t check the weather the previous day and say , maybe I’ll bring some water?
🧔✊
Listen, I brought a lunch box with water and Gatorade’s. We didn’t stop only for deliveries. And where we are it was one after another. It doesn’t leave time to catch your breath really.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
They wouldn’t let me hit my full 30 which is also my reason of why I question the decision. Letting ppl go before they reach their full 30 isn’t some sort of illegal practice?
Why on earth would you not do what you supervisor tells you when he is to guide you on what to do. He didn’t stop the truck unless it’s was for deliveries. I brought stuff but he never gave me time to get nothing. He never brought water for himself either. I’m sure it was some kind of head game.

I’ll be honest, I skipped my lunch and ate while I was sorting the truck during my 30 days. But, I would have walked off the job and drank from the lake before I let them deprive me of my bodily functions. “I’m sorry I forgot to bring water because it is my first day, when can we stop somewhere so I can get some?”

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Listen, I brought a lunch box with water and Gatorade’s. We didn’t stop only for deliveries. And where we are it was one after another. It doesn’t leave time to catch your breath really.
Now you sound silly. Digging a deeper hole for yourself.

rjh9189

I’ll be honest, I skipped my lunch and ate while I was sorting the truck during my 30 days. But, I would have walked off the job and drank from the lake before I let them deprive me of my bodily functions. “I’m sorry I forgot to bring water because it is my first day, when can we stop somewhere so I can get some?”
When I was doing my own thing I never ate lunch. I used my “break” to sort my truck because my stops were so close together. I ate when I came home at night. I worked hard and I just wanted advice from actual drivers because that was the only way I learned anything throughout my time. I picked up things here and there but when I say I was on my own, that was it. I made sure every package was delivered no matter what. I had no accidents or incidents. I showed up to work an hour earlier than everyone else to make sure I didn’t have mounds of stuff sitting out the back of my truck so I could leave as early as possible. I worked hard.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
When I was doing my own thing I never ate lunch. I used my “break” to sort my truck because my stops were so close together. I ate when I came home at night. I worked hard and I just wanted advice from actual drivers because that was the only way I learned anything throughout my time. I picked up things here and there but when I say I was on my own, that was it. I made sure every package was delivered no matter what. I had no accidents or incidents. I showed up to work an hour earlier than everyone else to make sure I didn’t have mounds of stuff sitting out the back of my truck so I could leave as early as possible. I worked hard.
So you also worked off the clock?

rjh9189

Ok.

So, what is a "safety coordinator"? What is an "extension"? What does your sex have to do with it(not gender)?

What you seem to be saying......you went the whole 30 days with zero input, comment or seeing an ORS? Never saw a report, manager any other person? And how did you punch in, get your diad, route etc.? You did this all on your own?

Really?

Really? So you acclimated to the heat after a week?

And you didn't think it was odd that NO PERSON ever talked to you.....during training ! ?

You got up every morning and did a route? Just picked a route and car, did as you pleased?

I have never heard of such in my 40 years.

BTW, in preload......you never heard of a Union Steward. Do you pay dues? Ever asked why or where your money was going?

How long at UPS?

And were you under/over-allowed? And this didn't get the attention of anyone? You say you got the job done......but didn't say how well...missed stops, pkgs. Service failures never came up in any conversations? You didn't get into trouble anywhere? Wow.

Lastly, when you checked out your diad in the morning....you didn't ask where your training sup was?.....like : Hey where's Bob my training sup?". Was your Mgr. awol too? And pkgs were loaded in your diad and matched your pkg car....right? And if so....who coordinated all that? How about pickups? All smooth and trouble free? Remarkable......
I would get there before the sups in the mornings. And learning how to punch into the DIAD I actually learned from a YouTube video so I would be prepared before I started. I studied some other videos too. I got no progress reports.

And I would pick up my call tags and DIAD go to the truck and help load my truck. Move all my bulk items to where I wanted them. Because my stops were so close together I actually wrote the addresses where I could see them. By doing stuff on my own it was all me. I had to figure out how to scan for random pick ups because when it was training week he didn’t even show me that.