Filing a Grievance for no break (Part time)

extranatty

We had a big mess today in Preload as it as far heavier than anticipated and the prior shift was still working until 5:30, over an hour into our shift. The belts had to be shut down for a half hour, can't imagine what was going on in the sort isle. I worked 2 hours overtime and then just left with a :censored2:load of packages on the belt that couldn't fit into the trucks. There's no way any airs were delivered by 10:30.

Anyway, around 6:30 am the head of safety and the dispatch guy came in and started splitting/breaking jams. Not very helpful but they were there, they have walkie-talkies, and we must've asked them a hundred times when break was. Turns out break was at 6:50 am and at 6:53 I asked the dispatcher and he said "No, the belt is just stopped". Mind you this isn't a part of the hub where we can actually hear anything and we're always backed up so it's impossible to tell.

Later the supervisor says "no break today". Now it's just 10 minutes (for all of us), but I have a bad foot and shoulder and really needed that time to rest. Another was constantly asking as she was starving and wanted to visit the food truck. It's not about the 10 minutes, more so that they constantly try to take that 10 minutes away from us among everything else. I've had supervisors who expected me to work during break. And most don't tell you when it's break.

Furthermore they edited my clock and stole time. They're constantly shaving 10-20 minutes off my working time. Today it was 30 minutes and I expect they may revise it further. The union steward even came at the time and was asking if they're paying me for working early and he was reassured "of course, he'll get paid". Nope.

So I'll talk to the union steward tomorrow as he witnessed it but what should I expect from the grievance process? Don't want to be :censored2:listed. And I'm completely excluding the safety issues, the rain was pouring into our work area today and the floor was slippery. In front of the safety guy.

Rack em

Made the Podium
You'll get paid at least for your break if you file. File file file and make sure everyone else in your area files on that bull:censored2:! They can't ever deny you a break. Make sure your steward follows up on this issue.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I have a bad foot and shoulder
Need more tren dawg
maxresdefault (1).jpg

We had a big mess today in Preload as it as far heavier than anticipated and the prior shift was still working until 5:30, over an hour into our shift. The belts had to be shut down for a half hour, can't imagine what was going on in the sort isle. I worked 2 hours overtime and then just left with a :censored2:load of packages on the belt that couldn't fit into the trucks. There's no way any airs were delivered by 10:30.

Anyway, around 6:30 am the head of safety and the dispatch guy came in and started splitting/breaking jams. Not very helpful but they were there, they have walkie-talkies, and we must've asked them a hundred times when break was. Turns out break was at 6:50 am and at 6:53 I asked the dispatcher and he said "No, the belt is just stopped". Mind you this isn't a part of the hub where we can actually hear anything and we're always backed up so it's impossible to tell.

Later the supervisor says "no break today". Now it's just 10 minutes (for all of us), but I have a bad foot and shoulder and really needed that time to rest. Another was constantly asking as she was starving and wanted to visit the food truck. It's not about the 10 minutes, more so that they constantly try to take that 10 minutes away from us among everything else. I've had supervisors who expected me to work during break. And most don't tell you when it's break.

Furthermore they edited my clock and stole time. They're constantly shaving 10-20 minutes off my working time. Today it was 30 minutes and I expect they may revise it further. The union steward even came at the time and was asking if they're paying me for working early and he was reassured "of course, he'll get paid". Nope.

So I'll talk to the union steward tomorrow as he witnessed it but what should I expect from the grievance process? Don't want to be :censored2:listed. And I'm completely excluding the safety issues, the rain was pouring into our work area today and the floor was slippery. In front of the safety guy.

I wrote down my arrival and departure times since day 1 after hearing about time shaving being rampant.

It's against the law, and not only should you grieve the break, grieve it every time it happens and grieve every second they take off your time. There's enough of this BS that it's 7 months later and I still write down my punches, keep whatever they hand me (and learn it if it helps), and keep detailed notes. I'm a loader and if anyone else so much as touches a package, supervisors know I'll be in there every day changing my misloads to 0. They'll often "forget" I did an extra car or two which lowers my pph. They do all sorts of idiot :censored2:. Thankfully we have the union.

Tomorrow I get to file 3 grievances and it's my first time (pay, instructed to work unsafely, supervisor unsecured my belt and turned it back on while I was buried). One kid twisted his ankle over it and I fell. Better believe I'm shutting this down immediately.

Grieve them for taking work away from Union employees by breaking the jams.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

file on not getting one and file on not being informed and file on being forced to work through it