Finally got laid off!

undies

BUT now they changed it so I cannot work in the hub unless there is no driving work available in another building. GREAT, now I have to commute to downtown LA to drive. Yes, I'm grateful I still get to drive and work and get paid, etc. My manager told me to be ready to answer my phone in case they want to call me back in the morning. It's about a 2 hour commute for me since L.A. traffic is seriously awful.

Question: If they call me while I'm on my way to L.A. to go drive for them and I agree to turn around and drive back, do I get paid from my start time since I'll most likely be late?

Also, If they call me and say they need me there at a specific time and there is no way I can make it, do I still get to drive the next day/rest of the week?

Hopefully my questions aren't too vague! Appreciate the input.

barnyard

KTM rider
I would talk to your BA or shop steward. Your situation has probably happened to someone else, plus there may even be language in your supplement that covers mileage (there might not be, but it is worth checking.)

undies

I would have talked to my BA about it but they told me Friday afternoon that I was laid off and had to go to L.A...not even enough time to discuss it with my wife!