Finally some good news

BrownArmy

The only insects I really can’t deal with are ‘house centipedes’.

upload_2019-7-29_22-51-0.jpeg

I get it, they’re not centipedes, and they kill all the insects you don’t want in your house.

There’s just something about them that triggers my reptilian hind-brain, especially when I’m not awake and one is in the tub...

upload_2019-7-29_22-54-50.png

El Correcto

god is dead
The only insects I really can’t deal with are ‘house centipedes’.

View attachment 257546

I get it, they’re not centipedes, and they kill all the insects you don’t want in your house.

There’s just something about them that triggers my reptilian hind-brain, especially when I’m not awake and one is in the tub...

View attachment 257550
Well yeah that thing looks like it’s gonna latch onto your face and plant eggs.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
What if it’s lab-grown real meat?

Strange, but we have to eat something on the long voyage to our new home in Alpha Centauri .
Ya, I mean, I would still call it fake, because they're gonna have to modify that stuff genetically to get it to grow in a lab.

Seriously sounds like the start of a zombie movie.

BrownArmy

Ya, I mean, I would still call it fake, because they're gonna have to modify that stuff genetically to get it to grow in a lab.

Seriously sounds like the start of a zombie movie.

It will be the same mechanism used to regrow human limbs or organs.

Start with a stem-cell, end up with a new lung, or an ear.

Or a porterhouse steak.

Skip most of it, just grow what you need...technically it’s still steak.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It will be the same mechanism used to regrow human limbs or organs.

Start with a stem-cell, end up with a new lung, or an ear.

Or a porterhouse steak.

Skip most of it, just grow what you need...technically it’s still steak.
"Technically still steak".
You should trademark that, sounds super appetizing.

BrownArmy

"Technically still steak".
You should trademark that, sounds super appetizing.

If you lost your arm in a freak accident twenty years from now, and it could be regrown, right on your body, would you quibble about ‘technicalities’?

I mean, ‘technically’ it’s not your original arm, but you get a new arm.

If what I’m eating actually is steak, but there was never an animal involved, it’s still steak.

You’re right though, the word ‘technically’ shouldn’t be in the marketing.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you lost your arm in a freak accident twenty years from now, and it could be regrown, right on your body, would you quibble about ‘technicalities’?

I mean, ‘technically’ it’s not your original arm, but you get a new arm.

If what I’m eating actually is steak, but there was never an animal involved, it’s still steak.

You’re right though, the word ‘technically’ shouldn’t be in the marketing.
I'm not eating my arm.

I'm sure lab meat will make it's way into garbage food like chain 'restaurants' and microwaved crap.

I think the idea that people are going to buy fake steak at the grocery store to grill up on game day is a little delusional though.

But I only eat red meat maybe once a month or so.... I sure as hell want the real thing when I indulge.

BrownArmy

I'm not eating my arm.

I'm sure lab meat will make it's way into garbage food like chain 'restaurants' and microwaved crap.

I think the idea that people are going to buy fake steak at the grocery store to grill up on game day is a little delusional though.

But I only eat red meat maybe once a month or so.... I sure as hell want the real thing when I indulge.

It’s all about water.

BrownArmy

So instead of investing in desalination, we invest in zombie meat.

Mkay.

Desalination is beside the point, and it’s not zombie meat.

If we skipped the 1800 gallons of water needed to produce one pound of real beef, we’d be in a much better place regarding our water consumption.

Beef is beef.

We’re not there yet, but we will be.

Reminds me of Blade Runner, with the guy in the cold room before Roy Batty kills him...

“I just do eyes”...

The future will be as boring as the present, except we’ll be eating insect tacos and lab-meat.

I mean, could lab-meat be any more horrific and inefficient than ‘real’ meat?