Finished my 40th day, now what?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
thanks i'll look up that info

I'm a measly preloader
Either way, I'd be more concerned with whether or not I have a job or if they will be letting me go. But if you speak to your steward, both your questions will be answered.

P.S. You still have alot of power as a "measly preloader" to make or break someone's day be it a driver, management, or the customer's. You should take pride that you made it 40 days, now you have your foot in the door to something better down the road.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Where you are at, you should be enrolled automatically (you probably already signed a membership card when you were hired). If it would put your mind at ease, call the union hall and ask them if you need to sign anything.

Do you need help finding out what Local union you're in and how to find the phone # & website?
I don't believe enrollment is automatic in a RTW state, if OP is in one

Undertow82

Finished working my 40th day before 70 working days. In my center that qualifies me for the union. My question is what happens now? I was going to speak to my sup but everyone has told me before not to let them know how many days you worked.

It's 30 days at my hub. I hit my 30 almost a month ago and my steward hasn't even turned my Union card in.......Although, every time I ask he says "I haven't seen (insert name here) but don't worry, you're covered". I don't believe him for :censored2:. I ask at least 4 times a week. Any tips for is situation?

McGee

It's 30 days at my hub. I hit my 30 almost a month ago and my steward hasn't even turned my Union card in.......Although, every time I ask he says "I haven't seen (insert name here) but don't worry, you're covered". I don't believe him for :censored2:. I ask at least 4 times a week. Any tips for is situation?

Check your building for the union bulletin board that shows the upcoming meetings to find out the union hall number , give them a call and they will happily send you a card to fill out, and an envelope to return it to them . You may want to return it asap just to make sure you are current with your dues.

While you are doing that, keep searching out the steward just to introduce yourself.

clean hairy

Ummm.....
Could be something as simple as going to a place which has Union folks eager to sign up those who wish to join.
Say, a union meeting that your local holds each month?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Either way, I'd be more concerned with whether or not I have a job or if they will be letting me go. But if you speak to your steward, both your questions will be answered.

P.S. You still have alot of power as a "measly preloader" to make or break someone's day be it a driver, management, or the customer's. You should take pride that you made it 40 days, now you have your foot in the door to something better down the road.
NO way driving a FT route is better than preloading. :p

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
NO way driving a FT route is better than preloading. :p
You need a good rattle slappin sister! Where in my response did I say anything about being a FT driver? I said now that 40 days have been completed, his foot is in the door for other opportunities...
Like management, PT Sup, Air Driver, Cover Driver, FT driver, Feeder Driver, and even a 22.3 jobs. The point was that the OP has their foot in the door no matter what they might or might not choose to do within this company.

But glad you disagree on something that was never said.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You need a good rattle slappin sister! Where in my response did I say anything about being a FT driver? I said now that 40 days have been completed, his foot is in the door for other opportunities...
Like management, PT Sup, Air Driver, Cover Driver, FT driver, Feeder Driver, and even a 22.3 jobs. The point was that the OP has their foot in the door no matter what they might or might not choose to do within this company.

But glad you disagree on something that was never said.
You said "you have a foot in the door for something better down the road"

I disagree

But, say you didn't say it! LOL