Finished NSPT in Portland, OR 2 weeks ago

Supermanfan1

Hello All,

I finished NSPT last Friday and some of my classmates that passed have already started their driver training. I was told the rest of us could be waiting until the first of the year due to peak season being close, does anyone know if there’s a time frame for them to call you to drive? I’m back at my hub as a Bulk Sorter waiting on the call.
Thanks

Hello All,

I finished NSPT last Friday and some of my classmates that passed have already started their driver training. I was told the rest of us could be waiting until the first of the year due to peak season being close, does anyone know if there’s a time frame for them to call you to drive? I’m back at my hub as a Bulk Sorter waiting on the call.
Thanks
Probably as soon as they have someone to train you.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hello All,

Thanks
Watcha' talkin' bout' Willis?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Maybe it happened to them. Can’t hurt to ask... I’m curious why you have so much time to respond???
My point was, anyone here will tell you they cannot answer your question because every building is different. Only people in your building can answer your questions. I have so much time to respond because... I do.

Robretro

Hello All,

Thanks
I thought nspt was the training they send seasonal drivers to

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It’s a shame to come here and get negativity.
Gotta understand... you are asking VERY specific questions and all of us are spread all over the country..... you aren’t the first one to come in here and ask that question... more like the 3000th person to do so... you gotta get people you know locally involved and ask them that question..... do you work out if portland because im sure there’s enough drivers there in that size city that someone could give you a better answer that any of us...

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Hello All,

Thanks

I am portland and still can't really answer this, nobody knows.

Here's some stuff off the top of my head:
Some "practically seasonal" drivers were started on october 8 (which means they get to accrue days towards seniority before nov. 15)
The rest of you will either be started on or after nov. 15. Then most likely be on layoff a bit until february/march or maybe even april.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Hello All,

Thanks

As for the time frame question, I will have to double check to verify, but I believe you must complete your qualifying period (30 driving days) in either 90 or 120 days. I am not sure if that counts the training you already went through, or if it starts the first day of driving. If you do not qualify in that time frame you may have to start qualification all over again. That is the only time frame I am aware of in your case.

llamainmypocket

Hello All,

Thanks

There's no time frame. They'll call you after peak in seniority order.