Fired for getting sick on route after I told them I was sick and could t work

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
so it is the amount of Hours you have to work? You have an website where this is all listed? So i can learn it?

Not sure if it works for international people or not. We just use upsers.com. Look for the timecard viewer...

Should look like this:
xI5Y5oC.jpg
xI5Y5oC

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Some weird stuff has been going on. I’m constantly getting 14 hour days. I get the run around from management that they are working on it. This has been 3 years now. I filled a grievance for multiple over 9-5 in a row. Ever since I filled a grievance management has been harassing me. I have one manager that “won’t talk to you anymore.” Yes... my manager refuses to speak to me. I have been here for 17 years! The only time I’ve called in was when I went in to labor. I called in sick on Friday. “My team” manager was on vacation so he told me to call the manager that refuses to speak to me. He didn’t answer. I call again and a sup answers and says “he doesn’t want to talk to you right now.” I try to tell them I’m sick, I’m dizzy I don’t feel safe driving. They WOULDNT allow me to be sick! I came in anyway. I start driving and immediately start to vomit. I turn around and pack my truck back at the center. There was no way I could carry on feeling this way. I work really hard. I never call in. I didn’t feel safe. This morning I got fired. He said “we think you did it on purpose because your over 9-5” like wtf?!? Are you serious. I’m so sick of managements games. The union rep for the center is BEST friends with the manager that’s refuses to talk to me. I know I’ll get my job back... but I don’t think I want it.
is this fake, file for hostile work environment, if it dont work go up higher

Siveriano

So Even tho my english is so bad, why would you show up after you call in?
A call in should be :" hey im letting you know im not going in today, bye", they dont answer no problem do like me, a group text to manager and all his minions plus the union rep saying something like" I tried to call you but noone picked up, im not going in today, bye"

Also dont be a push over stand your ground.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
So Even tho my english is so bad, why would you show up after you call in?
A call in should be :" hey im letting you know im not going in today, bye", they dont answer no problem do like me, a group text to manager and all his minions plus the union rep saying something like" I tried to call you but noone picked up, im not going in today, bye"

Also dont be a push over stand your ground.
No kidding. This isn’t a debate about whether or not I can work; I’m telling you that I’m not coming in.
We are a kajillion dollar company that’s been around for over 100 years, and yet we can’t properly staff the center for when we get 2 sick calls. Not my problem, if I’m not coming in there is a legit reason for it. One thing that gets to me at times is all the people they get to come in on vacations or scheduled day off....who are 9.5 and are not on the extra work sign up sheet.
If I’m home, leave me alone.
I wouldn’t mind some language in a future contract that protects those who don’t want any part of the house calls. It puts you in a bad spot when you’re tired, looking forward to your weekend, and already put in 50 hours and they call you to come in on your day off; if you say no there’s something wrong with YOU. If you say yes, even once, they will never leave you alone again.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
That’s what caller ID is for

You don’t want to talk don’t answer if they call again block them
Trust me, I never do. Usually just turn my phone on airplane mode until we’ll after start time on my days off. Haven’t gotten a call in a few months, but they used to call me EVERY friend’ing scheduled day off and I answered and agreed to work a couple of times.
No way you’ll ever catch me volunteering for anything, ever again. I know exactly what it gets you; more work when you don’t want it

Siveriano

I wouldn’t mind some language in a future contract that protects those who don’t want any part of the house calls. It puts you in a bad spot when you’re tired, looking forward to your weekend, and already put in 50 hours and they call you to come in on your day off; if you say no there’s something wrong with YOU. If you say yes, even once, they will never leave you alone again.

I told them if you need me let me know 48 hours before, dont be calling me 5 minutes before start time, they once called me and offered to bring the truck to my house so that i could deliver, i told them thats fine if you want to bring the truck just make sure you check what days the sweeper is going by on the side you park it.