Fired for intoxication but I wasn't drunk

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
backstory I was out last night til last call then went to a buddies place and kept the night going longer then it should of. woke up late rushed home grabbed my browns and took off. Got pulled over on the way for speeding, cop let me go with a warning but asked if id been drinking cause I guess I still smelled line it. Txtd my supe to let them know what happened, got to work and as i was brushin past the management to get to my truck they pulled me aside and told me i was gonna have to get checked if I was safe to drive. Long story short after going to work doctor my results showed a .06 level so they terminated me on the spot. My steward says there's nothing to be done cause of the 0 tolerance policy, I disagree cause i felt sober and would of been fine. so is there anything I can do now....?
You know being late counts as being absent, second why would you tell mangement why you got pulled over, they are not are friends, should of said I got pulled over for speeding, cop let me go. Did you happen to go out partying with your supervisor and he already knew

oldngray

nowhere special
You know being late counts as being absent, second why would you tell mangement why you got pulled over, they are not are friends, should of said I got pulled over for speeding, cop let me go. Did you happen to go out partying with your supervisor and he already knew
One of those days he should have just called in sick without giving details. He never should have tried to work.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Article 35
Section 4.11

Section 4.11 Discipline
It is agreed that an employee will have rehabilitation opportunities for alcohol abuse as outlined in Article 16, Section 5, except as provided under Random Testing below.
Reasonable Cause Testing
An employee who is tested for reasonable cause and whose alcohol
level is 0.02 to 0.039 will be taken out of service for twenty-four
(24) hours and receive a warning letter.
level is 0.040 to 0.069 will be taken out of service for twenty-four
(24) hours, referred to a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) and
suspended for ten (10) days. If the employee has committed a disciplinary offense under the terms of the supplemental agreement, the results of the test may be used in the support of the Employer’s
disciplinary action.
A second positive test of 0.02 or above is a dischargeable offense.
A positive test of 0.070 or above is a dischargeable offense.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Article 35
Section 4.11

Section 4.11 Discipline
It is agreed that an employee will have rehabilitation opportunities for alcohol abuse as outlined in Article 16, Section 5, except as provided under Random Testing below.
Reasonable Cause Testing
level is 0.02 to 0.039 will be taken out of service for twenty-four
(24) hours and receive a warning letter.
level is 0.040 to 0.069 will be taken out of service for twenty-four
(24) hours, referred to a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) and
suspended for ten (10) days. If the employee has committed a disciplinary offense under the terms of the supplemental agreement, the results of the test may be used in the support of the Employer’s
disciplinary action.
A second positive test of 0.02 or above is a dischargeable offense.
A positive test of 0.070 or above is a dischargeable offense.

He was .06
Legal limit is .08

So you are incorrect

Apparently UPS's rules are a little more strict.

Go take a snort and catch up.