Fired for intoxication but I wasn't drunk

oldupsman

Ah, the old days again. Every Fri. morning you usually had 6 to 8 guys who were still half
drunk from the night before plus 4 or 5 managers or sups. Everybody went to work, nobody
said a word, and nothing ever happened. Did I ever do that? Yeah sure.

Indecisi0n

Ah, the old days again. Every Fri. morning you usually had 6 to 8 guys who were still half
drunk from the night before plus 4 or 5 managers or sups. Everybody went to work, nobody
said a word, and nothing ever happened. Did I ever do that? Yeah sure.
All that drinking messes up my beach body.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Change the thread title, you were drunk as hell. Good thing you didn't kill anybody. Don't expect sympathy.

iruhnman630

You are an adult with a driving job who saw last call at the bar on a work night.

Grow up.

You would have been better off dealing with an attendance issue.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Article 35
Section 4.11

Section 4.11 Discipline
It is agreed that an employee will have rehabilitation opportunities for alcohol abuse as outlined in Article 16, Section 5, except as provided under Random Testing below.
Reasonable Cause Testing
An employee who is tested for reasonable cause and whose alcohol
level is 0.02 to 0.039 will be taken out of service for twenty-four
(24) hours and receive a warning letter.
An employee who is tested for reasonable cause and whose alcohol
level is 0.040 to 0.069 will be taken out of service for twenty-four
(24) hours, referred to a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) and
suspended for ten (10) days. If the employee has committed a disciplinary offense under the terms of the supplemental agreement, the results of the test may be used in the support of the Employer’s
disciplinary action.
A second positive test of 0.02 or above is a dischargeable offense.
A positive test of 0.070 or above is a dischargeable offense.
This guy is a liar. This is a troll thread.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If your stupid enough to text your stupidvisor and tell them you we’re out all night drinking and a cop pulled you over and smelled it on you then you deserve to be fired.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
On our random drug tests, every great once in a while, they would have you blow into a breathalyzer as well. I think I only had to do that 1 time in all my years. We had a veteran driver come in one day to a random and had to blow. Seems like I remember he blew an .04. They took him out of service. He was off a long time and had to go through the program. He came back and eventually retired.