Fired for Unreported Accident

2old2load

who reported the concern? Were you being observed when this happened? Unless it’s on video or this was witnessed while being observed I don’t know how anyone could prove it was you. Sounds like bs to me. Plus who calls in a tire mark in a median!?

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Sounds like you’re pretty much a bad ass....
983cc77a1883e4f74d2f31aefa6e6e3efb852e09142fb3e367196e5f088a4c2f-1.jpg

Enjoi0523

So please fill us in on why you are being targeted...what did you do?
Well, two months ago they coded me as "terminated" in the Payroll system when they were removing seasonal hires from the system. I went three weeks without a paycheck and was gracious enough to believe the center manager when he said he was going to fix it. After the second week I filed a grievance for my pay. That got it fixed quick. After that, our DM was in the building and made several harassing statements to me that I filed on. Then, a few weeks after that is when the "job abandonment" situation happened. Now we're here.

Enjoi0523

I thought he said he made a u-turn at an intersection, meaning at a light with a small grass median. If hitting grass making a u-turn was an accident a lot of people would be calling everyday.
It was a three way intersection. The grass was between the shoulder and a sidewalk about a foot and a half wide.

Enjoi0523

Why did you do a U turn in the intersection?
Ridiculous.

He/she didnt hit a curb they ran over a curb, probably a sidewalk, and through someone's yard (who probably saw the whole idiotic thing go down) and then it was probably called in.

If you hit a curb while you're taking your cdl driving test you were disqualified on the spot.

U turns in intersections, driving up over the curb, and then through someone's grass. Great.
Making your fellow employees proud again.

It was a three way intersection. I had to make the u-turn to go to my next stop.

Enjoi0523

@Coldworld was spot on.
If you retain your job just do it by the book from now on.

Short cuts in safe driving issues will (sooner or later) get your name cut off the seniority list.

That's the thing. I don't take shortcuts. I DR everything to the front door, actually fill out every portion of the info notice, back only when necessary, etc. The main road in the community I was in had a three way intersection that I needed to make a u-turn at to get to my next stop.

Enjoi0523

who reported the concern? Were you being observed when this happened? Unless it’s on video or this was witnessed while being observed I don’t know how anyone could prove it was you. Sounds like bs to me. Plus who calls in a tire mark in a median!?

I'm not sure other than telematics.

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Well, two months ago they coded me as "terminated" in the Payroll system when they were removing seasonal hires from the system. I went three weeks without a paycheck and was gracious enough to believe the center manager when he said he was going to fix it. After the second week I filed a grievance for my pay. That got it fixed quick. After that, our DM was in the building and made several harassing statements to me that I filed on. Then, a few weeks after that is when the "job abandonment" situation happened. Now we're here.
Oooo, wait so they tried to smooth fire u cuz they thought you didn't know you were union?
Yo they tried to do that to one of the drivers i know. He made his 30 days before peak started, lucky bum. But he disnt get his phone call. Plus they kept em on like a mknth or so after peak. And tried to smooth say they had no work for him. So he was "fired for 2 weeks" i think. He said he called the local and complained that they werent giving him work. Now he has his own route

F

Frankie's Friend

That's the thing. I don't take shortcuts. I DR everything to the front door, actually fill out every portion of the info notice, back only when necessary, etc. The main road in the community I was in had a three way intersection that I needed to make a u-turn at to get to my next stop.
The front door isnt always the best DR location and if you "had" to make a u turn would you have done it if a supe was with you?

I'm not trying to bust you but you havent driven a long time so if you get to come back to work just dont take chances anymore.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
we work for sociopaths, especially DM and up. You could die in your package car and not one of those subhuman would flinch. But scrape a blade of grass and they feel a certain way

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
It was a three way intersection. I had to make the u-turn to go to my next stop.
"Had to"???

Please explain how this was your only option?
Your statement is wrought with contradiction.....think about it?

But in the end, the Company is being petty and what you did doesn't rise to the level of discharge.....unless "you knew you, or should have known" what you apparently did.

Welcome to the arbitrary.

Last edited: