Fired/Rehire/Fired

HardknocksUPSer

Been threatened multiple times, they never even made an attempt to go through with discipline. It's all horse :censored2:, you only get fired for stealing, failing drug test and dishonesty.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if you do a search it will take a month to read all the stories.

was actually fired for not answering a 72 hr notice to return to work. called into office to be walked out until i called in the supe that i informed the week before that there was a death in the family and i was 600 miles away attending the funeral.

payroll knew about it because i was paid for it.

never got an apology.

oldupsman

Never came close to being fired, discharged, or suspended. I just came in ever day, did my job,
and ignored them. Staying accident free and injury free helped alot.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Suspended for 1 week. For picking up a letter box 10 mins early. And 1 day for leaving the keys in the truck. Back when I was young and dumb. Now I methods them to death. Also follow Orion 100%.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
We had a 1-day strike many years ago at my building. I saw a driver get fired 2 times in 1 day. lol.

Was that the walkout over over-70's? We were told we were all fired that day. Business as usual the next day.

I have never been fired but I was discharged once. 2 weeks off served as my disciplinary action before I was allowed back.

Been there, done that.

Actually, it was kind of a relief. Everybody in my center had been fired/terminated at least once. When it happened to me, the pressure was off.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Was that the walkout over over-70's? We were told we were all fired that day. Business as usual the next day.
Wow, I can't remember now. I'm going to have to plead senility on that one. I had an afternoon start time then and there was a picket line set up. I went to turn in and the steward wagged his finger at me and just shook his head no. I kept driving. Drove to the nearest gas station and called in. (before cell phones) They ordered me to come in anyway, and I refused, so I was probably fired that day, too, just didn't realize it. lol.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Been there, done that.

Actually, it was kind of a relief. Everybody in my center had been fired/terminated at least once. When it happened to me, the pressure was off.
This whole aspect at UPS is still weird to me. Never before have I seen a place where being fired/rehired was such a normal, common and nonpermanent thing.