Fired/Rehire/Fired

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
my last day before i retired i told the security guard i was fired on a trumped up charge because i spurned the center manager who wanted to sleep with me.

the next day i would not answer my phone and there was 11 messages on my answering machine from drivers wanting to know what happened.

also later on i had 2 messages from my BA asking me to stop spreading that rumor since she was being inundated with calls.

since i retired i have not spoken to a soul from my hub except the package driver who delivers to my house and i dont tell her much.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Never came close to being fired, discharged, or suspended. I just came in ever day, did my job,
and ignored them. Staying accident free and injury free helped alot.
Some places it doesn't matter. I've seen people loaded up with 15+ hours of work and fired when they didn't finish it. Lol

Cementups

Box Monkey
There's a guy in my area that's been fired 11 times, all for petty stuff

We had one of those at one time. And every time they would pull him into the office he would drop his, "Oh is this because I'm Puerto Rican?" card, and the next day he would be back to work with pay. I'm not sure what they finally got him on but he hasn't worked at UPS in a few years.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I was verbally fired during the One Day Strike of 1994. i came back the next day and worked until 11pm.<shrug>

Ms.PacMan

Ive still got a picket sign and a front page from the local paper saying "Back to work!" hanging on my garage wall.
I ran across my picket sign (with the stick still attached) and signed by Jesse Jackson. I donated it to a museum who wanted it for a labor exhibit.

Maybe y'all will see it someday?!

Oh, never been fired. Been harassed and threatened plenty thru the years.