Fired vacation pay

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So I guess the OP will have to be in one of those states to get his vacation pay.

Not necessarily.

UPS tried to say that when you retired that they would not payoff your vacations, that you actually to use them before you retired.

This would also then apply to termination.

This did not hold up. You can retire and be paid for your accrued vacations that you earned the previous year, or now, Jan to Jan.

Hence, if you're terminated, the same thing.

Unused Vacation

If you have accrued vacation days that you haven't yet used when you quit or are fired, you may be entitled to be paid for that time. About half of the 50 states have laws requiring employers to pay out an employee's unused vacation when the employment relationship ends. (Learn more in Nolo's Q&A Should My Final Paycheck Include Vacation Time?) Even in states that don't require the company to pay out vacation time in every case, an employer may have to cash out unused vacation if it has a policy or practice of doing so. Check with your state labor department to find out your state's rules on this issue.

Paid Vacation: What Are Your Rights?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The OP also said this was his 2nd failed drug test, which means he has already been through the program. And, as you know, this is only a one time shot.

I saw that.

Just wondering how a feeder driver goes through rehab.... and gets nailed

again.... when he knows he's subject to random testing ?

barnyard

KTM rider
I could explain it, but you probably still would not understand it. Addiction is hard. I have been sober a few ticks over 30 years, back then, I would have thought nothing about stopping at a bar for lunch break.

F

Frankie's Friend

I saw that.

Just wondering how a feeder driver goes through rehab.... and gets nailed

again.... when he knows he's subject to random testing ?
Probably stoned.
The job went up in smoke too.
You gotta have priorities even if you dont realize the order you've put them in.
I could explain it, but you probably still would not understand it. Addiction is hard. I have been sober a few ticks over 30 years, back then, I would have thought nothing about stopping at a bar for lunch break.
Living life in bondage is harder. Sometimes you have to lose everything to get the big picture .
Not necessarily.

UPS tried to say that when you retired that they would not payoff your vacations, that you actually to use them before you retired.

This would also then apply to termination.

This did not hold up. You can retire and be paid for your accrued vacations that you earned the previous year, or now, Jan to Jan.
Aren't vacations accrued from seniority date to seniority date?

F

Frankie's Friend

They are, but they used to be picked from seniority date to seniority date, but now are picked from Jan to Jan.

Doesn't change how you accrue them, only changed when you could take them.
I understand that but IF he gets terminated he will get the percentage of accumulated hrs from seniority date to seniority date. That's my underlying point.

F

Frankie's Friend

To you, @bottomups, I'm sure they are.

You evidently get satisfaction disrespecting posters faith on here.

The thread isnt about Jesus. Even tho HP posted that name (as a remedy for the need for drugs I presume) he wasnt posting to you but you couldn't wait to post your childish picture.

SMH

Last edited by a moderator:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
To you, @bottomups, I'm sure they are.

You evidently get satisfaction disrespecting posters faith on here.

The thread isnt about Jesus. Even tho HP posted that name (as a remedy for the need for drugs I presume) he wasnt posting to you but you couldn't wait to post your childish picture.

SMH
Just pointing out the hypocrisy. Many on here disrespect Islam.

F

Frankie's Friend

Just pointing out the hypocrisy. Many on here disrespect Islam.
I don't disrespect anyone's right to their faith but as a Christian myself i take offense at those kind of pictures and comments.

Whether you know it or not the Christian faith based Teen Challenge program has had the highest percentage of success in getting and keeping people off of chemical dependancy.

You know, in reality, every one has a choice to jerk the steering wheel hard to get themselves out of the "ditch" but you just gotta want to and sometimes you need a hand or two to pull you up.

Having the hope that things can get better and/or dealing with the baggage that makes illegal or abusive chemical use the viable option is a great catalyst to change course and every day sets a new pattern in motion.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Disagree.
Getting fired for 17a (dishonesty) here wipes out accrued vacation pay.

And that is the only thing that wipes out vacations, at least in the Central, unless you're in a State with a law making the Company pay them off.

Article 16 Vacations.

It is understood that any such regular employee with more than one (1) year of service who resigns or whose services are terminated, except for dishonesty, shall receive pro-rated pay for the number of weeks vacation as set forth in this Article for his/her then completed years of service.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They are, but they used to be picked from seniority date to seniority date, but now are picked from Jan to Jan.

That's because the "administration" of the vacation schedule was changed in

1997 under one particular (Central Region) State Rider.

Where basically.... Jan 1st you are "front loaded" on your hours, assuming

you will get them. It then shows up as a negative balance until you hit the

hourly requirement.

F

Frankie's Friend

That's because the "administration" of the vacation schedule was changed in

1997 under one particular (Central Region) State Rider.

Where basically.... Jan 1st you are "front loaded" on your hours, assuming

you will get them. It then shows up as a negative balance until you hit the

hourly requirement.
Employees always ask why their vacation hours show a negative beside it on their checks.