First 3 days driving...

Evaderman

Well, my first 3 days driving on my own have kind of sucked lol.

Been driving like a clean up route, so it's air plus 3 stops that all have to be done by noon (one of which has a minimum of 80 packages, including at least 8 sets of tires each day) and then all the left over stuff that the other drivers kick down the line.

Biggest problem seems to be that all the stuff for the place with the 80 packages/tires gets loaded in the truck first and then everything else just gets thrown in after it, in no particular order...then I have to unload most of it so I can get to the tires.

It's been pretty frustrating as they keep getting on me to "set your truck up in order of the stops". That's hard to do when you don't know the area yet and everything has been packed in a way that I have to pull it all out in order to get at the before noon stuff.

Going to go in earlier tomorrow morning in hopes of getting the truck a little better organized and to attempt to plan my route a little better (even though I still don't know the area very well)

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.

Been driving like a clean up route, so it's air plus 3 stops that all have to be done by noon (one of which has a minimum of 80 packages, including at least 8 sets of tires each day) and then all the left over stuff that the other drivers kick down the line.

Biggest problem seems to be that all the stuff for the place with the 80 packages/tires gets loaded in the truck first and then everything else just gets thrown in after it, in no particular order...then I have to unload most of it so I can get to the tires.

It's been pretty frustrating as they keep getting on me to "set your truck up in order of the stops". That's hard to do when you don't know the area yet and everything has been packed in a way that I have to pull it all out in order to get at the before noon stuff.

Going to go in earlier tomorrow morning in hopes of getting the truck a little better organized and to attempt to plan my route a little better (even though I still don't know the area very well)
No one expects miracles. Do your best. Don't work off the clock for free.....

Evaderman

Ya, i think it is a different preloader each day...I'm going to go in early tomorrow and pull the tires out if they are already loaded and then work with the preloader to set the truck up properly.

BrownThunder

They do is kind of like that with he rentals. RDX,FLX is pretty well organized to one side but the rest of that :censored2: is just thrown in.

Friday I got all my bulk off without a hitch, but had to completely organize that failure pile by pal. Section 7&8 was on my :censored2:.

Took forever and my ORS tells me I need to be in by 8?!?!? Got about 3/4 of it done and threw the rest of it back on the belt.

Was thinking bout coming in early to get it organized before leaving. I came to my senses after remembering my probation Is over.

upsgrunt

How hard is it to organize and set up 3 stops plus air?
If it's loaded up front, deliver it out the front. Tires will roll out the side door nicely.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Three days? My first day was so terrible they sent me out with a PT sup for almost the next week.

Evaderman

It's not just 3 stops plus air though...it's yhe 65-70 stops on top of that that are just stuffed in the back of the truck. Tires don't roll out the side door all that nicely when they are bundled in pairs, plus the truck needs to be backed up to the loading dock to be received.

Anyways, I know it's not a difficult run for a seasoned driver...just a frustrating one for a new guy is all. I'm sure it will get better the more I'm out there and I get used to the area

PT Car Washer

It's not just 3 stops plus air though...it's yhe 65-70 stops on top of that that are just stuffed in the back of the truck. Tires don't roll out the side door all that nicely when they are bundled in pairs, plus the truck needs to be backed up to the loading dock to be received.

Anyways, I know it's not a difficult run for a seasoned driver...just a frustrating one for a new guy is all. I'm sure it will get better the more I'm out there and I get used to the area
I get what you are saying especially for Seasonal driver rate. I have had to clean up the building a lot of times. Easy money for top driver rate and if you have a lot of area knowledge. You are just seasonal so do the best you can and cash that paycheck on Friday.

By The Book

Ya, i think it is a different preloader each day...I'm going to go in early tomorrow and pull the tires out if they are already loaded and then work with the preloader to set the truck up properly.
If your truck is full when you get to it, tires are not easily loaded in at the end. If you were hired as a full time driver the sup usually goes with the driver the first3-5 days. The rdl, rdc, and rdr is a good idea. Use the area on the shelves above the rdr, and rdl for the rest of those bulk stop packages. Another idea would be to load the 2 smaller bulk stops in floor 1 and floor 2. Then load that 80 piece stop in the back on both sides and shelves, then backfill the center with what's left of that stop.

ChicagosPrimeMinister

What rhmyes with UPS?

Do your best, stay safe, make money, rinse and repeat until you make book. Then all you need is the last two.