First Amazon Prime airplane has landed at BWI cargo ramp Feb 8, 2017

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If your premise is that his wealth/influence kept him from being charged after killing a black nobody, the same would hold true if he had killed a white nobody.

Probably correct, but possibly not. Fred had just come from the bar after a really bad day where the company was basically TU and his sisters were suing him for embezzling them. He runs over said black victim, and an eyewitness, who happened to be a Memphis police officer, testifies that Smith wasn't impaired. Sure. If the person were white, I'm thinking more concern, although Smith probably still skates.

Think maybe some people were paid-off? Think that Memphis, which was nowhere then, and only somewhat better now, wanted Richie Rich to keep his business going?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Probably correct, but possibly not. Fred had just come from the bar after a really bad day where the company was basically TU and his sisters were suing him for embezzling them. He runs over said black victim, and an eyewitness, who happened to be a Memphis police officer, testifies that Smith wasn't impaired. Sure. If the person were white, I'm thinking more concern, although Smith probably still skates.

Think maybe some people were paid-off? Think that Memphis, which was nowhere then, and only somewhat better now, wanted Richie Rich to keep his business going?

Fascinating. What if the cop was black?

Interesting idea that the entire local criminal justice system was turned on its head to protect a guy who ran a business that hadn't done anything and was all but dead at that point.

rod

Retired 22 years
Fascinating. What if the cop was black?

Interesting idea that the entire local criminal justice system was turned on its head to protect a guy who ran a business that hadn't done anything and was all but dead at that point.

McFeely

Huge Member
Good god, I'm so unsure of whether I'm being trolled by the grammar police or if people really are that uneducated. If it's the former, then kudos! :beerclink:

BootsOnTarmac

Yes, you are correct. I should have put the first "your" in quotes to reflect a previous poster.
I guess my response was clouded by the words "gonna" and "uaed". I will now humbly step down from my grammar podium. What was this thread about anyway? Carry on, people.

BootsOnTarmac

I agree. Anything that comes from management which is posted physically, handed out or broadcast via email should have proper grammar and spelling. I believe these communications could be helpful to the handlers hired without a GED requirement. I tag any mistakes on physical postings that are not under glass, with a highlighter. As previously declared, I have stepped down from my grammar podium on this site. Considering many post from their phone, tablets, etc. What was this thread about anyway?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I agree. Anything that comes from management which is posted physically, handed out or broadcast via email should have proper grammar and spelling. I believe these communications could be helpful to the handlers hired without a GED requirement. I tag any mistakes on physical postings that are not under glass, with a highlighter. As previously declared, I have stepped down from my grammar podium on this site. Considering many post from their phone, tablets, etc. What was this thread about anyway?

For every courier that notices an issue, ten others don't.