First Amazon Prime airplane has landed at BWI cargo ramp Feb 8, 2017

Schweddy

Balls
Yes, he does. I saw his comment back when it was first published but I have waited a while. I think the answer could be important for fedex as well.

Schweddy

Balls
Oh.. so you think it couldn't happen? Is this one of those fake news sites? Washington Post?

jeff-bezos-01-304.jpg

Is the "Prime Air" fake, too? Maybe he bought all those planes so he can sequel Cast Away...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Oh.. so you think it couldn't happen? Is this one of those fake news sites? Washington Post?

jeff-bezos-01-304.jpg

Is the "Prime Air" fake, too? Maybe he bought all those planes so he can sequel Cast Away...

As I have stated before, Amazon is supposedly negotiating with Boeing to purchase a 767 cargo fleet. When this happens, Bezos is all in, and his infrastructure network is basically a leaner FedEx Ground.

The bottom line is that he could be a huge player.

vantexan

As I have stated before, Amazon is supposedly negotiating with Boeing to purchase a 767 cargo fleet. When this happens, Bezos is all in, and his infrastructure network is basically a leaner FedEx Ground.

Is he looking to have a delivery service that anyone can ship with, or is he looking to just ship Amazon freight the most cost effective way? Amazon has gotten so big it's the Wal-Mart of online shopping. If he integrates trucking and flying he only needs a big enough air fleet to handle long distance shipping in a timely manner. Regional distribution centers can handle the rest. With enough distribution centers only the remote areas of the West would be problematic for deliveries.

bacha29

The most recent news I've read is that he has 40 767's leased from and operated by Atlas Air. I think Bezos is in some ways another Smith. A guy who thinks the whole world is a great big city who may be about to discover that the Western US is not the only place where there's nothing out there but rednecks rocks and rattlesnakes There is no question however that Bezos has a bug up his bodily orifice over the fact that shipping costs are his fastest rising costs.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Is he looking to have a delivery service that anyone can ship with, or is he looking to just ship Amazon freight the most cost effective way? Amazon has gotten so big it's the Wal-Mart of online shopping. If he integrates trucking and flying he only needs a big enough air fleet to handle long distance shipping in a timely manner. Regional distribution centers can handle the rest. With enough distribution centers only the remote areas of the West would be problematic for deliveries.

I don't know his ultimate plan. It would be logical for Amazon to keep the high profit small fluff and leave the rest for UPS and FedEx to fight over.

Personally, I think he will buy the planes and complete one more step of his infrastructure.