First Amendment Test Aliso Viejo UPS Hub

dudebro

Well, the guy would annoy me too, but, here's the thing.

The right to a public way is to be defended even when you hate the person you're defending it for.

The right to free speech is to be defended, even if you hate what they say.

His test is a true test, because while he's not breaking the law, society would generally agree he's being an a-hole. The test of the right is when you have to hold your nose, and stick up for the a-hole, because he's right.

clean hairy

He has others on youtube as well.
One is videoing right in front of a Police Dept, he does the same stuff.
He might be hoping to hit the jackpot if/when a cop messes up?

ManInBrown

Those cops handled that situation correctly. I don't agree with or really care for what the guy was doing. But many cops today violate people's rights, and worry about the consequences later. Cops just don't care.

AlliSeeisBrown

You aren't concerned about police fabricating reasons to detain people? When that person is not breaking the law? Where does it stop? If no one stands up then what is to stop the cops from stopping you for any other behavior that they personally don't like?

I just don't think we should be allowing cops to make up the law as they go. Soon looking like "(insert anything)" will be considered dangerous and the cops will stop you for that too, even if it's not illegal.
Sure, but why do these kind of people, whose soul intent is to get someone to call the cops on them just so they can exercise their rights, have to do it this way. Think about the other perspective. This guy instilled fear in the workers at UPS just so he could upload another video of him not wanting to talk to the police. It's just selfish and insensitive. Waste of time. I'm glad to see people exercising their rights, but you're instigating an unprovoked situation. Tax dollars.

Dr.Brownz

Sure, but why do these kind of people, whose soul intent is to get someone to call the cops on them just so they can exercise their rights, have to do it this way. Think about the other perspective. This guy instilled fear in the workers at UPS just so he could upload another video of him not wanting to talk to the police. It's just selfish and insensitive. Waste of time. I'm glad to see people exercising their rights, but you're instigating an unprovoked situation. Tax dollars.

No one had any fear, that is a line by a ups manager to get the cops to come move this guy. I have a sense of fear every time I think I might have to interact with the cops because cops often don't know the law exactly and will violently attempt to impose their will on you. So I'd say this guy is shedding light on a very serious issue which is police not even knowing what the law is.

Dr.Brownz

This guy would have been given far more crap than that from our county Sheriffs office. Yes their gestapo tactics around here are unreal and just for the fact of him refusing to give them his name they would've taken his camera and shoved it up his ass. Is it right? Of course not, but in today's time someone acting strange(and it was strange)to standards around here this clown would at least taken a ride to jail. would charges have been tossed later? Absolutely, but they don't play that :censored2: around here.

So they take him to jail and then the guy sues them for false arrest (because I'm sure it could easily be proven with body camera logs and radio logs they knew he hadn't broken the law). Now the tax payer foots the bill even more.

Tell me how many of the mass shooters of recent times have stood outside the building they were going to shoot up with a camera waiting to get noticed? None of them. They knew what this guy was doing, they just wanted to harass him because police officers for the most part get off on ordering people around. People don't seek power for noble reasons, they seek power to empower themselves for their own ends.

There are numerous videos of law abiding open carries getting cops called just for walking in public (and these were not the people doing "tests" just people walking). A group of six women getting kicked from a walmart subway because they had guns on their hips. Cops treat them like dicks the whole time. Why? It is the beginning of the normalization of disarmament in america. They want it to seem like anyone with a gun is crazy and dangerous. They want to make it so people are afraid to carry guns. Most sheriffs say they are pro-2nd amendment but really they mean they are pro-they themselves can have guns but everyone else should go to jail. Any smart sheriff knows that coming out against the 2nd amendment is a death sentence for your political campaign.

Dr.Brownz

Sounds like trump country.[/QUOT]

Really because my perception is Trump is pro-civil liberties. You know civil liberties, those things that the constitution grants to legal citizens of the USA. For some reason some people seem to believe the constitution applies to all people on Earth which is laughable.

Johney

So they take him to jail and then the guy sues them for false arrest (because I'm sure it could easily be proven with body camera logs and radio logs they knew he hadn't broken the law). Now the tax payer foots the bill even more.
Google PBSO lawsuits paid out then come back and ask that same question.

AlliSeeisBrown

No one had any fear, that is a line by a ups manager to get the cops to come move this guy. I have a sense of fear every time I think I might have to interact with the cops because cops often don't know the law exactly and will violently attempt to impose their will on you. So I'd say this guy is shedding light on a very serious issue which is police not even knowing what the law is.
Yeah because a guy in a camo mask investigating and filming the front security post wouldn't strike the slightest fear in someone. They said it did and you don't have to make up words to get the police to move on something. "Hey we're at _____ can you send an officer out to check on this." What scares me is people putting words or rhetoric in other people mouths to justify a meaningless act.