First day as pre-loader and I want to quit

Gross67

I decided I am not going to show up next week. Today was the worst day! Apparently there were two trucks sitting outside parked that we didnt know needed to be unloaded. We had so much stuff that none of it could fit in the trucks. I was pretty much boxed in and couldnt :censored2: move. The drivers cursed the hell out of everyone and I know 3 people walked off the job and left us! My driver was annoyed at me because apparently I put all the wrong stuff in his truck when the list (my supervisor gave me) said it needed to be in the truck! AGAIN SUPERVISORS FAULT! I am never going back...

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I decided I am not going to show up next week. Today was the worst day! Apparently there were two trucks sitting outside parked that we didnt know needed to be unloaded. We had so much stuff that none of it could fit in the trucks. I was pretty much boxed in and couldnt :censored2: move. The drivers cursed the hell out of everyone and I know 3 people walked off the job and left us! My driver was annoyed at me because apparently I put all the wrong stuff in his truck when the list (my supervisor gave me) said it needed to be in the truck! AGAIN SUPERVISORS FAULT! I am never going back...

Same thing happened to me when I started. I was blamed for the mistake of other workers everytime a wall would fall down (even though his side of the wall was the only part that would fall down) I was still blamed. I would recommend you to hang in there, going out like that would just set a bad precedent that could last a life time.

PT Car Washer

Better put up a double shift list. My building have double shifters almost everyday on the preload. $47.62 an hour overtime to watch PT sups load package cars.

S

serenity now

Do you live at home with one or both parents?

Dash549

I had my first day as a pre-loader yesterday and I seriously feel like quitting! The training was so fast its like the supervisor expected me to do everything on my first day. The job is not that hard its actually easy if I was able to do it at my own pace. My problem is I cant keep up with the flow! I have to constantly look at my chart for each box on where its supposed to go in the drivers truck. While I am doing that my packages pass me on my belt and the employees complained that they keep having to pull my packages because I missed them. WTF its my first day!

Everyone I work with looks like they have been to jail. Luckily my drivers were understanding because I loaded up those trucks like SHYT. Does it get better? or should I just quit? I am a student however I wanted to maybe make a career out of working at ups. I have to work tomorrow 3am-8:30am and I am already feeling anxiety :/

I am the same way, I started about 3 weeks ago and its still tough but I'm getting the hang of it! The last couple of days have been tough because they kept pulling me aside (30 minutes at a time) to do the cornerstone workbook you get on the first day. Luckily everyone on my boxline is really nice and helps me out by presorting my bins for me and it helps that my sup started me out slow with a helper. It gets better dude just stick with it if you want to make a career out of it. Feel free to message me if you need some extra support on the tough days.

brostalss

Calm down Beavis. Stay calm and don't panic. Tha just makes things worse.
Try giving yourself small challenges or victories. Don't look at the entire slide and think "friend*!" Take a portion of it and give yourself a goal of loading it in say 10 mins. Small victory!

Stay organized. Don't just throw or push stuff out of the way. Make small piles. Towards the end of sort if I help my loader, I pile the boxes by HIN number. I makes small piles of 1000 shelf, 2000 shelf and so on.

Good luck. Remember, work smart so you don't have to work hard.

J

jibbs

Are you crazy, make it a large fries with 5 - 4 piece chicken nuggets and I'll take a large coke please. And I want my fries salted, I'll be mad if its cold and saggy.

I think you'd pay less if you just got a large 20-count nuggets, man. Economics, brutha, economics....

J

jibbs

Not that greedy, I need to maintain my good looks so I can look like upstate when I'm 50. :)

...You know that five 4-count chicken nugget orders gives you the same amount of nuggets as one 20-count chicken nugget order, right?

You are that greedy and you ain't even know it.