First day as pre-loader and I want to quit

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
the twins after your mother's done playing with them?? Lmao

Well, allow me to retort. Are you trying to spell braces - that the dentist puts on people's teeth when they look like bugs bunny's? Or are you trying to spell breasts - that females have?

[video=youtube;FORtwA2lsjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FORtwA2lsjM[/video]

Retort all you want. I bet you have big saggy man boobs, aka Breases.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
...You know that five 4-count chicken nugget orders gives you the same amount of nuggets as one 20-count chicken nugget order, right?

You are that greedy and you ain't even know it.

The only time I eat that much is when I haven't eaten in like 4-5 hours (like coming from work). I'm not a daily Mcdonald eater so I never knew anything about the 20 count thingy that you guys are talking about, I only eat out at McDonald like once every 4 months. Says a lot about you guys for knowing so much about McDonald's orders. Lol. Dude, if I'm eating out, it's either red lobster, apple bees, or a fine dining in Manhattan or Queens. There's levels to this, and you know this man!

Box Ox

It does get better if you can hang in there long enough for your body to adjust to the sustained/frantic pace and mind to be able to relax when things are coming hard and heavy down the belt. I've learned to laugh when things get completely ridiculous. The shelf locations will eventually come naturally and you won't even have to think about where to put packages. Getting grief from your coworkers within your first 30 days is completely normal as they've been there and through "initiation." They know it's a big adjustment. They'll come to respect you if you show up every day and do your best. Most people can't. I imagine it's like being thrown into the deep end of a pool when you can't swim very well. What happens after that depends on how badly you want to swim out of it. My advice would be to learn all you can and do the best you can, no questions asked in your first 30. After that you'll have the union behind you and can have some fun jawing with supervisors whenever things become clearly unsafe or overwhelming even after you're fully adjusted.

Gross67

I gave it alot of thought and I am going to have to tell my supervisor I quit tomorrow when I go in for work. I just cant deal with the 3:00am shift. I thought I could handle it but I can't. Should I ask if there is another shift available or just up and quit?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I gave it alot of thought and I am going to have to tell my supervisor I quit tomorrow when I go in for work. I just cant deal with the 3:00am shift. I thought I could handle it but I can't. Should I ask if there is another shift available or just up and quit?

If I can work twilight and double shift and do preload, why can't you?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
The only time I eat that much is when I haven't eaten in like 4-5 hours (like coming from work). I'm not a daily Mcdonald eater so I never knew anything about the 20 count thingy that you guys are talking about, I only eat out at McDonald like once every 4 months. Says a lot about you guys for knowing so much about McDonald's orders. Lol. Dude, if I'm eating out, it's either red lobster, apple bees, or a fine dining in Manhattan or Queens. There's levels to this, and you know this man!

That may be the first time I've ever heard "Red Lobster," "Apple Bees," and "fine dining" in the same sentence. :) Granted, I go to places like Red Lobster and Outback because they're cheap. For example, endless shrimp is currently being offered for $16 -- stack it with current coupon promotions, discounted gift cards (my credit card sells $50 ones for $40) and after tax & tip it comes out to about $15 per meal. Eat some there, bring a couple refills home along with some rolls and you get two quality dinners for $7.50 each. (I should write a book on how to live good while working PT for UPS).

For eight years straight I've stuck to a New Year's resolution. My 2014 will be to go without eating at McDonald's. They've been selling the BBQ grilled chicken snack wraps (210 calories list, although they're usually too generous with the sauce) for $1 here, which is what I like to eat on my way into UPS most mornings.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That may be the first time I've ever heard "Red Lobster," "Apple Bees," and "fine dining" in the same sentence. :) Granted, I go to places like Red Lobster and Outback because they're cheap. For example, endless shrimp is currently being offered for $16 -- stack it with current coupon promotions, discounted gift cards (my credit card sells $50 ones for $40) and after tax & tip it comes out to about $15 per meal. Eat some there, bring a couple refills home along with some rolls and you get two quality dinners for $7.50 each. (I should write a book on how to live good while working PT for UPS).

For eight years straight I've stuck to a New Year's resolution. My 2014 will be to go without eating at McDonald's. They've been selling the BBQ grilled chicken snack wraps (210 calories list, although they're usually too generous with the sauce) for $1 here, which is what I like to eat on my way into UPS most mornings.
Here here bagels lol. Red lobster and the Outback are good but on the cheaper side. Kid makes 10 bucks an hour and he's fine dining it up at a place like Rao's lol. Sure!!

Today is my first day to load a package car. I had tried my best to load the trucks as fast as i can and as easy for the driver as possible. My driver came and see the :censored2: I loaded, and said he wanted his previous loader back in front of me. Man, it really hurt my feeling. I was told that they will make me load one truck only with a helper if they put me to load the truck until I become more professional when I was at the training. But now they make me to load 3 trucks by myself after a 15 minutes helping by another loader. What do you expect?

S

selfcancelsignal

Today is my first day to load a package car. I had tried my best to load the trucks as fast as i can and as easy for the driver as possible. My driver came and see the :censored2: I loaded, and said he wanted his previous loader back in front of me. Man, it really hurt my feeling. I was told that they will make me load one truck only with a helper if they put me to load the truck until I become more professional when I was at the training. But now they make me to load 3 trucks by myself after a 15 minutes helping by another loader. What do you expect?
Before I became a driver, I loaded 4 most of the time, sometimes 5, & other times 2 while scanning bags. Just do you lr best & if you have to stack out . Finish strong at the end & catch up when time allows.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They expect you to improve...the longer you load cars, the more second-nature it will become. Sort the packages at the slide by the truck #...make 3 small piles. Load the pile into the truck behind you first, then the other two. Repeat. This will avoid aimless running around like a chicken without a head. Focus on accuracy (correct package on the right shelf in the right truck)....speed will come with experience. Hurt feelings? No time for that at ups....turn up your ipod and ignore it.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Keep this in mind, as a driver I want you to succeed and be the best loader ever. If you do your job well, it makes my job easier. You can either make or break my day.