First week in the books!

mjtrackman

Good to hear MJ. I drove HD today just for something to do. They have all their deliveries in order in the scanner, and I really didn't deviate from it. But for all intents and purposes big "D" should have paid me time +1/2. However it was an easy cruise through Waukesha and it got me out of going with the wife to shop for shoes, get her hair and nails cut, etc...

That's a very good reason to work a Saturday lol. Does we have home delivery routes now?

fedupped

DRA confuses me. My obsolete brain has the entire rt routed in the morning. I have p1s seperated from p2 and then p2 in order for the pm on different shelves according to the area. As I hit my p1 I walk to the corresponding p2 area and take the tag alongs. Simple. Now I fiddle with the power pad looking for the stop I'm already at. If I'm in a building with different suites, I have to pull up the individual stops to make sure I'm at the right comp/suite. A lot of searching. Faster to just hit add a stop or whatever it is. Its wonderful. You newbies will be hitting 20 SPH on every route.

STFXG

Good to hear MJ. I drove HD today just for something to do. They have all their deliveries in order in the scanner, and I really didn't deviate from it. But for all intents and purposes big "D" should have paid me time +1/2. However it was an easy cruise through Waukesha and it got me out of going with the wife to shop for shoes, get her hair and nails cut, etc...

That's a very good reason to work a Saturday lol. Does we have home delivery routes now?

I did the same thing last Saturday. Wife was at work and my kid was with grandpa at the farm. Decided to give my driver a paid day off. I enjoy HD on Saturdays. Really calm and not much BS to put up with at the terminal since they run a skeleton crew.

mjtrackman

DRA still need to be fine tuned. I find it does'nt catch all "ride alongs" (shipments going to the same stop but delivered by two different couriers). Many times I've gone to a P2 stop only to find a whole bunch of P1 letters delivered earlier by a different courier. So, right now it's not as efficient as they think it is. Same with Dex 3 shipments (Bad addr, no suite number, etc...) still showing up on your DRA next morning while it's still being researched; so its a stop that doesn't exist but its got you thinking it does.

But you new couriers have it easy. All of us remembers having to route your whole truck before heading out when we first began, what a stress knowing clock's ticking away and mgr's on your back to get the heck out. But just remember we've all been there so after you get the hang of it you can laugh at the next new guy or gal.

Yeah that would suck. I came in and all of my freight was set aside, all I had to do was van scan, toss it on the truck and go!

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
A/J gets to run my Brook this week, lol. I'm at 125 again. I told J it's a bear. He told me I'm not the only superstar in the terminal. I just kept quiet. OK J!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just knocked my first week as a Express swing driver out. Did a flex P2 route mid day and a pickup route after that all week. Did the pickup route blind and DRA helped a lot during deliveries even though I went away from it little. Worked 10-9 everyday this week. Coming from ground it's sure nice to get ot!

How long before you figure out it's a scam? Let me know.