Fitting in gym time?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I started going later in the evenings between 8 and 9 pm. Nice stress relief and a good wind down to blow all your energy out before hitting the sack. Also, train on weekends. Friday night's are a good way to get pumped up for your next few days off, depending on your age and if you still party.
What's age got to do with whether you party or not

Overpaid Union Thug

I've tried running/working out in the morning before work but waking up extra early gets old fast. Going after work sucks because after a long (but easy) day of delivering packages you lose even more time with the family. Plus, I've always hated gyms. Some of the example of why are in this video.

I guess my problem is the fact that I like to run for a long time in addition to my workout. My run time is a minimum of 30 min but typically I would shoot for an hour. My workout would be 30-45 minutes. I need to find that one perfect exercise that targets everything I need done at once and do that in addition to a good run. Maybe just pushups and squats and a run.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've tried running/working out in the morning before work but waking up extra early gets old fast. Going after work sucks because after a long (but easy) day of delivering packages you lose even more time with the family. Plus, I've always hated gyms. Some of the example of why are in this video.

I guess my problem is the fact that I like to run for a long time in addition to my workout. My run time is a minimum of 30 min but typically I would shoot for an hour. My workout would be 30-45 minutes. I need to find that one perfect exercise that targets everything I need done at once and do that in addition to a good run. Maybe just pushups and squats and a run.
Burpees for 15 min if you're lucky.

bumped

I stopped going to the gym/working out once my kids were born. I have very little free time, because of this job and spend every minute I can with them. Now, once they get older and don't want to be around dad anymore that may change.

Brownslave688

Pull ups and dips. It sounds strange, but yoga is awesome. Calms me down and makes me less angry. Every once in awhile it's fun to go balls out and throw some heavy weight around though.
That's the thing I do pull ups and dips but you have to continue to add weight if you want to gain muscle. Body weight exercises only get you so far.

Brownslave688

I stopped going to the gym/working out once my kids were born. I have very little free time, because of this job and spend every minute I can with them. Now, once they get older and don't want to be around dad anymore that may change.
You don't sit and watch tv for 45 minutes a day?

box_beeyotch

That's the thing I do pull ups and dips but you have to continue to add weight if you want to gain muscle. Body weight exercises only get you so far.

Yeah but thats if you want to gain mass. Repping out body weight exercises and a good diet will get you shredded and build your endurance.

Brownslave688

Yeah but thats if you want to gain mass. Repping out body weight exercises and a good diet will get you shredded and build your endurance.
"Shredded" "toned" whatever anyone wants to call it is muscles shown. Muscles are built through resistance training.

Sorry I just get so tired of people saying they don't want to get too big. Can't be done. Not without steroids.

Brownslave688

Deadlift, squat,clean,bench press,shoulder press. That's all any full body exercise program needs. 3 days a week two exercises a day.