flu shots

trickpony1

This article also exclaims, to the effect, that GBS can kill. It doesn't seem to mention the poor souls that it doesn't kill are left with partial or full paralysis the rest of their "life".

I am also aware of a 70 tear old retired Nurse that got a flu shot. A short time later she was in an area hospital a quadripelgic on a respirator. Her family had to let her die peacefully...

So...you all run out and get your flu shots....

Father on Life Support After Getting Flu Shot, Family Blames Vaccine

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The past 10 years I've got it 5 or 6 times. Always debated back and forth whether to get one. Can't say the years I got the shot were any better. The year they mixed the swine thing in with it , I did get pretty sick right after the shot. Have not got one this year so far.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
No secret here, Multiple Sclerosis is my BFF. When you read or hear disclaimers regarding compromised immunity; they are talking about me, I am that important!!

Seriously, dispite the rare tragic side effects of flu shots. I get a shot and you should get a flu shot.

Flu shots are developed by tossing darts at available worldwide information.

You can develop the flu even if you get the flu shot. Your flu symptoms will be lessened because of the flu shot.

The seasonal flu can overtake our medical system and hospital space. The seasonal flu makes immune systems weak and leaves you open to other devastating infections. Hospitals admit sick patients and patient deaths increase not because of flu but complications of flu.

I could discuss and refute all conspiracy theories. We could fight about childhood immunizations and autism. Hell, some people will tell me my childhood immunizations CAUSED my MS. Everyone knows someone with a story and the story gets bigger on down the line. It is easier to blame a shot than read an autopsy report or accept risks of lifestyle.

Just get the flu shot.

Our insurance pays for it. Insurance companies are tight with money and this is a gimme. Prevention reduces risk.

Get the flu shot.

Protect yourself against the ignorance of people you interact with daily. Viruses can live on surfaces. Do you really trust every package you touch, every door handle you turn and every faucet in bathrooms?

CVS will pay you five dollars. I use Target CVS and I like money!

Get the shot!!

oldngray

nowhere special
No secret here, Multiple Sclerosis is my BFF. When you read or hear disclaimers regarding compromised immunity; they are talking about me, I am that important!!

Seriously, dispite the rare tragic side effects of flu shots. I get a shot and you should get a flu shot.

Flu shots are developed by tossing darts at available worldwide information.

You can develop the flu even if you get the flu shot. Your flu symptoms will be lessened because of the flu shot.

The seasonal flu can overtake our medical system and hospital space. The seasonal flu makes immune systems weak and leaves you open to other devastating infections. Hospitals admit sick patients and patient deaths increase not because of flu but complications of flu.

I could discuss and refute all conspiracy theories. We could fight about childhood immunizations and autism. Hell, some people will tell me my childhood immunizations CAUSED my MS. Everyone knows someone with a story and the story gets bigger on down the line. It is easier to blame a shot than read an autopsy report or accept risks of lifestyle.

Just get the flu shot.

Our insurance pays for it. Insurance companies are tight with money and this is a gimme. Prevention reduces risk.

Get the flu shot.

Protect yourself against the ignorance of people you interact with daily. Viruses can live on surfaces. Do you really trust every package you touch, every door handle you turn and every faucet in bathrooms?

CVS will pay you five dollars. I use Target CVS and I like money!

Get the shot!!

Absolutely get a flu shot if you are in a high risk group or have a weakened immune system. Or if you are likely to get exposed to people with other illnesses ( the shots are required for some jobs like my sister who is a nurse). If you have a strong immune system its more a matter of personal choice - probably not needed but nothing wrong with getting one if that is your preference.

My other sister has MS and its a no brainer for her to get a flu shot.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Absolutely get a flu shot if you are in a high risk group or have a weakened immune system. Or if you are likely to get exposed to people with other illnesses ( the shots are required for some jobs like my sister who is a nurse). If you have a strong immune system its more a matter of personal choice - probably not needed but nothing wrong with getting one if that is your preference.

My other sister has MS and its a no brainer for her to get a flu shot.

oldngray, I hope your sister with MS is doing well with her neurological bast*rd.

Unfortunately, I know her mind, I've learned this is the only item MSer's have in common.

We can't be fixed. We are all different.

Thank you for sharing.
(I hope she is doing good.)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Can I close my eyes or do you want them open?
spVrM.gif

oldngray

nowhere special
oldngray, I hope your sister with MS is doing well with her neurological bast*rd.

Unfortunately, I know her mind, I've learned this is the only item MSer's have in common.

We can't be fixed. We are all different.

Thank you for sharing.
(I hope she is doing good.)
She has really started going downhill the past year. She has good days and bad days but more bad days lately.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
She has really started going downhill the past year. She has good days and bad days but more bad days lately.

No icon available to rate reply.

Support her.
To me, with little knowledge of her MS, it sounds like you have an understanding of More smilet (Richard Pryor).

Listen.
At 1:32 Richard Pryor explains...

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
This article also exclaims, to the effect, that GBS can kill. It doesn't seem to mention the poor souls that it doesn't kill are left with partial or full paralysis the rest of their "life".

I am also aware of a 70 tear old retired Nurse that got a flu shot. A short time later she was in an area hospital a quadripelgic on a respirator. Her family had to let her die peacefully...

So...you all run out and get your flu shots....

Father on Life Support After Getting Flu Shot, Family Blames Vaccine
Got mine!
I get a flu shot and a pneumonia shot every year in September.

My mind is not paralyzed by every conspiracy that comes along.